Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hyperemisis with last preg and very scared now i`m 5 weeks .Anyone want to share positive hyperemisis stories ???Like it DIDN`T come next time round ! x

(7 Posts)
fakeblondie Wed 14-Oct-09 09:52:48

I had bad nausea with my first until 12 weeks, bad with second until 16 and hyperemesis for the whole 40 weeks with my 3rd. I lost a stone and had a small baby .

I`m now 5 weeks pregnant (dc 17 14 and 6 ) and while i sort of want a bit of naisea to confirm a healthy pregnancy how can i possibly prepare for what only only sufferrs cound possibly comprehend .
I`m thinking ok 8 months of wishing i was asleep or worse ! I`m just starting to remember how bad it really was - i couldn`t even sip water.

Nothing what so ever helped .
Has anyone had hyperemesis and then gone on to have another pregnacy and NOt had it .
Thanks girls x

Trikken Wed 14-Oct-09 10:01:10

I had bad hypermeisis last pg, but this one have had a little bit of morning sickness but it has been copable. have been having cyclizine this time, even though last time it didnt help it has this time so it shows that things work differently for different pregnancies.

fakeblondie Wed 14-Oct-09 10:42:51

Fantastic ! Thanks Trikken . How many weeks are you now ? Congrats btw

Trikken Wed 14-Oct-09 12:34:46

thanks, im nearly 37 weeks now. hope everything goes well for you.

MandaHugNKill Wed 14-Oct-09 13:58:50

With my first (DD 14) I was so nauseous the whoe pregnancy I lost 2 stone (I was 10st 4lb when I fell pregnant - the day after giving birth, I was 8st 4lb!) but baby was a good weight (7lb 13oz).

But with my second (DS 11) I had only one passing moment of queasiness... and nothing else!

THis time (currently 19 weeks) I had nausea (quite bad but not as bad as with DD) from about 6-14 weeks.

So you really coud totaly by-pass the most horrendous time despite suffering before.

And congratulations!

CantThinkofFunnyName Wed 14-Oct-09 16:13:08

Hi - I didn't have it as bad as some here, but the whole 40 wks (and during childbirth) vomited several times per day for DC2. Am now 28 weeks with DC3 and whilst the actual nausea was horrendous up to 16 weeks, vomiting has been virtually non-existent! So there's hope yet....

Sersi Wed 14-Oct-09 18:00:59

DS1- pretty sick 'til about 16 weeks. DS2 hyperemesis, awful until about 28 weeks (although still felt dreadful for rest of pregnancy), DC3, currently 26 weeks gone, have felt great - best pregnancy of 3 by miles. This has surprised me as I'm a few years older. No sickness - pretty tired to start with but other than that just fantastic by comparison. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now