Talk

Advanced search

7 weeks, having stomach cramps and getting worried

(7 Posts)
JamAndPeanutButter Wed 14-Oct-09 09:31:04

Pregnant with baby #2...about 7 weeks and having very few symptoms except a bit tired (maybe more to do with hyperactive toddler than PG!)

Quite worried though as having lots of really painful stomach cramps... bit like period pains

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't remember having them 1st time around and cant get an appointment with midwife until 10 weeks

Any advice welcome!

ohnelly Wed 14-Oct-09 10:31:55

Hi I had this in my first pregnancy at about 6 weeks. I didnt actually believe I was pregnant as I thought my period would come at any time now. When I did the test I was surprized! I think it is quite common, and I am now pregnant with number 2 (16wks) but havent had anything this time. Every pregnant is different so try not to worry.
If you have any bleeding at all, I would get it checked out - I did on a couple of occasions but turned out to be nothing, so again dont panic if you do.
Good luck!

dimbo Wed 14-Oct-09 10:37:43

Where are the pains? if they were to be attributed to anything in the womb they'd be very low down behind/around your pelvis. If they're any higher up, it's most likely something stomach/bowel related (probably wind or diarrhea)

Have you been eating lots of fibre or fruit? I say this because I ate a lot of dried fruit a few weeks ago and had similar pain (accompanied by spotting) which led to me having an early scan, but all was fine. And then I had horrendous wind! blush

JamAndPeanutButter Wed 14-Oct-09 10:48:31

Aha!

Have been carrying round a bag of dried fruit to snack on, so that may well explain it!

Thank you both... hopefully this is nothing to worry about then

blush

dimbo Wed 14-Oct-09 11:22:19

Yeah perhaps give the dried fruit a miss for a few days, and if the pains continue or really feel like period pains low down see your doctor. I'm sure it's nothing though!

Bettymum Wed 14-Oct-09 11:35:16

I had awful cramps at around the 6/7 weeks stage with this pg (my second). Like you, I'm sure I didn't have it with the first. And I haven't been overdoing it on the dried fruit wink. I did get an early scan as I was worried - the pains were so bad they'd wake me up in the night - but everything was fine. Just things stretching again, I think.

SarahBenC Wed 14-Oct-09 12:17:51

I had these cramps from week 4-8 and it was just like I was going to come on at any moment. I went to the docs and she said it was my womb growing and things starting to stretch/move. I also experienced two small bleeds and had a scan to check everything was ok and luckily it was. It's all so scary so I feel for you completely.
I'm sure everything will be fine and it's just the old dried fruit overdose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now