Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What baby present to get for a couple expecting dc3?

(16 Posts)
extremelychocolateymilkroll Tue 13-Oct-09 22:13:40

Friends were really good to us, lending us loads of clothes and equipment. They are expecting dc3 in November and just wondered what you buy for a couple who already have 2 children as they already have lots of clothes and stuff? TIA

whomovedmychocolate Tue 13-Oct-09 22:16:24

condoms? grin

Seriously, you buy something for them rather than the baby - treats for mum or dad in a basket.

AitchTwoToTangOh Tue 13-Oct-09 22:18:36

i keep saying this, but the best present i got was a side of hot smoked salmon... maaaaaan, it was delicious. such a treat, healthy and possible to eat standing up while jiggling a baby. and you can get it delivered through the post...

ilovemydogandmrobama Tue 13-Oct-09 22:21:02

Absolutely Aitch! Hot smoked salmon from Skye! grin

AitchTwoToTangOh Tue 13-Oct-09 22:25:33

i think it might have been from skye, actually, certainly up north. i swear to god, i had just started fretting about what the HELL i was going to feed dd1 for lunch (the poor child very much an afterthought with the advent of dd2) and ding-dong, a lovely man with a chill package arrived at the door. heavens above, it was a MIRACLE. me and dd1 just hacked into it and wolfed it down. we didn't even sit at the table, dd1 just perched on the counter.

I have made my friend a new changing bag to match her new double buggy (that she asked for, so not too weird) and am going to fill it with coffee and chocolate. She has everything else, unless it's a girl, in which case she is screwed grin
Her other babies weren't newborns in winter though so I am going to get a warm hat or something small for the baby, but mostly for her and her DH.

<<goes to search for smoked salmon, what a fab idea>>

AitchTwoToTangOh Tue 13-Oct-09 23:13:09

hot roast, actually, i've got the name wrong, sorry. you just cannot eat enough of the stuff. grin

MyNameIsInigoMontoya Wed 14-Oct-09 09:09:25

Clothes for other seasons is a good idea actually, depending what time of year the other 2 were born. Also if she has already used all her baby stuff for 2 kids, some things might be getting a bit manky so you could perhaps ask her if there is anything she would like to get a shiny new one of. Baby carriers for example can get quite yucky over time if they are not easily washable, and some of the clothes might be getting a bit worn after 2 sicky newborns too!

alana39 Wed 14-Oct-09 10:21:04

Do they definitely have lots of clothes? I'd passed all mine on before getting pg with DS3 (angry with myself!) and have been given lots of hand me downs but hoping I'll still get the odd new thing so DC3 has the odd nice thing. Most of all grobags without sick / poo stains.

Apart from that will be hoping for champagne and soft cheese or the promise of babysitting in about 3 months so I can remind myself what normal life is like.

Ledodgy Wed 14-Oct-09 10:22:56

If you can cook. Make a weeks worth of family meals that they can freeze. If someone had done this for me when I had my third, i'd have loved them forever!

jeee Wed 14-Oct-09 10:24:41

Anything... hardly anybody bothered to buy presents for DC3. To be fair she was the third in under three years so they'd probably got a bit fed up with buying baby presents.

LittleSilver Wed 14-Oct-09 12:59:31

not clothes. please not clothes. DD3 arrived in may and we got - more clothes!

lljkk Wed 14-Oct-09 13:30:29

If it were me I'd love nothing for me or the new baby but instead some little toys or nice books or similar for the 2 older children. In fact, anything specifically just for the baby would probably just be clutter in my eyes. Some people might be very offended by not actually giving something for the new baby herself, though!

hormonalmum Wed 14-Oct-09 22:23:36

Can you find out if anything needs replacing? We are expecting dc3 and we are needing to replace a few things!
So you might be surprised what they might need.

Would second the frozen meals for a week though if that is something you could offer them

jasper Wed 14-Oct-09 22:37:42

case of wine for the parents

extremelychocolateymilkroll Fri 16-Oct-09 14:37:04

Thanks all - really good ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now