Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stupid Question about Legoland

(16 Posts)
scrappydappydoo Tue 13-Oct-09 17:14:27

Yes - i know this in pregnancy... I'm 6 wks pg and we're going on pre-planned trip to legoland on saturday. We're going with friends who we don't want to tell about pg just yet. Problem is I'm a bit of a theme park freak - i will go on any ride - the faster and more exciting the better. My friends will be deeply suspicious if I don't go on all the rides... SO how do I handle this - are all the rides that say not for pg women really that bad?? Or would it be really stupid of me to go on these rides?? Honest (and blunt if necessary) opinions please!

Babbit Tue 13-Oct-09 17:21:12

I am not sure you'll find too many fast and exciting rides at Legoland. Have you been before? Do you have kids already?

BigusBumus Tue 13-Oct-09 17:21:50

Its all quite tame really.

mosschops30 Tue 13-Oct-09 17:25:14

It is tame at legoland, and you could probably get away with most if not all the rides, but do you really want to take that chance with your unborn baby just so your friends dont find out?

Can you fake a major stomach bug the day before and 'drag' yourself along but only go on nice stuff

scrappydappydoo Tue 13-Oct-09 17:37:40

No never been before - taking dd1 and dd2 so its not like I'm going for the rides LOL! I can probably make excuses for some rides - I guess it was the 'tameness' of the rides
I was after... will obviously look at rides first and no I wouldn't do anything stupid to risk baby but I wondered if restrictiosn were more to with bump getting in way of safety bars than actual harm to baby iyswim..

MaryBS Tue 13-Oct-09 17:42:48

Just had an idea, tell them you've got a problem like high blood pressure or a back problem or maybe a trapped nerve, so can't go on the rougher rides. Say its not too much of an issue, and you still want to go, but that you'd rather be safe than sorry.

Tigresswoods Tue 13-Oct-09 19:02:23

I have been to Legoland there is no ride there more "exciting" or "daring" than a push bike ride down a smooth lane. They are rides for small children, you will not have a problem.

morethemerrier Tue 13-Oct-09 19:25:18

Hi we go every year! It's the best family friendly place I have ever been to! Like others have said most of the rides are fairly tame, there is a great rapid water type ride though which can be a bit bumpy! I will say though that there is a LOT of walking as it is set across a massive area which is on different levels! There is a train but it gets busy! And if you have one child that is too small for some rides you can all que then swap over so you can both have a go! (they let you stand with ur smaller one while the older one rides !). We love it just wish we lived nearer as we would be there every weekend! By the way, I am 10 weeks pregnant with what we call our Legoverland baby as it was conceived on our most recent trip there! Lol x have fun but be safe you can always go back next year!

scrappydappydoo Tue 13-Oct-09 20:43:21

LOL morethemerrier - I just read your post to dh who looked hmm until I explained that baby was probably conceived in a hotel rather than actually legoland!!! common sense then dawned.. Congratulations! btw
Thanks for all your replies - i hereby promise to be careful but have a good time!

morethemerrier Tue 13-Oct-09 21:38:50

Ha ha! Yes a hotel! Although my dh can't wait until our youngest boys are 18 so he can tell them they were asleep in the room when dc3 was made!!! I wonder how many other ds/dd were ' present' when a sibling was conceived! I've told him he can't they will be scarred for life! Have a great time, friends have suggested we choose Windsor as a name if our little souvanier is a boy!

charmander Tue 13-Oct-09 21:44:20

I accidently went on a very unsuitable ride when 6 months pregnant at a Theme Park in australia. Although I screamed for the entire ride and had to lie down for half an hour afterwards the baby was fine (well he is 3 now and seems ok. But i would go with the blood pressure/dodgy back excuse myself.

FluffyCoo Tue 13-Oct-09 22:46:09

Hi! I am 22 +4 wks and was at Legoland only yesterday! I did stay away from the bumpy water ride and the roller coasters (boo, hiss - I love them!!), but as everyone else says most of the stuff is beyond tame - I know this because DH has an outbreak of sweaty palms even looking at Alton Towers ads on telly and he went on everything! Tis a lot of walking though.

Would prob be quite easy to fake an inner-ear complaint which makes you feel nauseous at the slightest povocation...?! Good cover in case of MS too!! grin

Have a fun trip though - it's ace!

benjysmum Tue 13-Oct-09 23:00:17

I've never been to Legoland cos I don't have kids and I always feel it's vaguely pervy to go without a child. Now can't wait for DC to be born so I can "take" him. grin

4little1s Wed 14-Oct-09 06:00:00

I am a regular to LegoLand and there are not many rides that are high risk. Saying that is it worth taking the risk to keep it quiet ? I would just do a sickie bug and go along but say you are taking it easy personally.

MaryBS Wed 14-Oct-09 08:02:22

There are 2 dragon rides, and of the 2, the smaller one (dragon's apprentice) for younger children is the bumpier. The dino dipper is very rough even though its for smaller children, its tough on adults fitting into the gap. The jungle coaster is a small rollercoaster, not that bad, but you might want to give it a miss. Cant see you wanting to go on the scarab bouncer either!

Here's the list of rides with restrictions...

www.legoland.co.uk/park/ridesattractions/rideswithrestrictions.htm?view=ShowAll

MumNWLondon Thu 15-Oct-09 13:15:54

Bear in mind at 6 weeks baby is very very well protected, not like at 6 months where the baby could get bumped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now