Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

UTI think might of spread to my kidneys

(4 Posts)
lizzie9442 Tue 13-Oct-09 16:01:41

Hi i am nearly 12 weeks pregnant and I have a UTI. I have been given antibiotics but have not been so good with taken them. I noticed today that my lower back to one side in incredibly painful. The pain seems to be getting worse as the day is going on. i am taking my antibiotics now but I am worried I have a kidney infection. Does anyone have any experience of this? Do I need more treatment or will the antibiotics for the UTI clear it up even if it has spread to kidneys? thankyou for any advice xxxx

Lulumama Tue 13-Oct-09 16:03:16

I think if you have not been taking the tablets regularly or as prescribed the infection can spread and get worse. you should speak to your GP or midwife today and get some proper medical advice immediately

Dalrymps Tue 13-Oct-09 16:18:09

I had that, very painful. Paracetmol should help with the pain but get to the docs asap!

Northernlurker Tue 13-Oct-09 16:34:18

A kidney infection can be very serious. Ring your gp or failing that go to A&E this afternoon. They will sort you out - and next time you will take your antibiotics properly won't you? <<patronising mother voice>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now