Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone started pregnacy already on blood pressure tabs-i`m on propanalol (atenalol )

(5 Posts)
fakeblondie Tue 13-Oct-09 11:32:13

Anyone ?

fairimum Tue 13-Oct-09 12:14:23

I had pre-eclampsia with DD1 (sadly she died as very early due to the PET) and was still on Atenalol when fell pregnant with DD2, they kept a very close eye on me and my BP and I was changed to methaldopa at about 15 weeks... Hope that helps?
Are you on them due to previous problems in pregnancy or just high BP? Not that matters I don't think as they seemed to think it was quite common for people to be on tabs when fell pregnant, just needs a close eye kept as the meds often dont work as well in pregnancy and need to find which ones work best for you and how pregnancy affets you BP!
good luck
xx

SeasideLil Tue 13-Oct-09 14:20:05

No, but I did take it for the last three months to control my crippling migraines on the consultant's advice. But I would definitely get good advice from your GP/consultant about this, as meds are different at different stages of the pregnancy. Good luck with it!

cielito Tue 13-Oct-09 14:29:27

Hi, I was on betablockers (like atenalol, but for tachycardia, not for blood pressure) throughout my two pregnancies (have been for 25 years) and got two happy, healthy children. My medicine is acebutololum, but if I remember right my cardiologist mentioned atenalol to be to most prescriped for pregnant women. Check with your doctor, though.

fakeblondie Tue 13-Oct-09 18:04:30

Thanks all . x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now