Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

gulp! just had positive test - much quicker than thought!!

(6 Posts)
bluepanda Mon 12-Oct-09 22:10:50

have just had positive pg test - bit taken aback as i only came off the pill at the beginning of sept. Meant to wait til i'd had a period but we went on holiday grin So, from the date, given no period, I'm calculating 4wks, but already queasy, a bit earlier than with ds1. Suddenly what i thought i'd have months to get used to seems to be real and i'm like, oh, how will i ever love a second one as much as the first, and how will i COPE???? Just needed to share - only told dh so far and he is being quite stoical!

barbareebaa Mon 12-Oct-09 22:25:18

Congratulations smile

LatinDAISYcal Mon 12-Oct-09 22:27:45

congratulations smile

and don't panic!!! you will cope and you will love this baby as much as your first. And you'll be experienced and much more relaxed and confident this time round too!

Enjoy!

bluepanda Mon 12-Oct-09 22:33:35

thankyou - don't get me wrong we are delighted - it's just real now as opposed to a nice little dream....

cheerfulvicky Tue 13-Oct-09 12:16:39

I got pregnant in the first month of trying with my DS. It is quite weird isn't it?? Like - you are happy, and its a good thing. But the shock factor is still there, to the extent that it's almost like an accident even though it wasn't! It'll take a few weeks to sink in, so don't beat yourself up if you are reeling a bit for a while grin And congratulations! I'm excited for you

MummyWantsANewBag Tue 13-Oct-09 12:24:35

I second the 'how will i ever love a second one as much as the first, and how will i COPE????'bit of your post. I went into to look at DD (7mo) while she was sleeping last night and can't imagine loving this new baby-to-be as much, its weird.
Can't even begin to think how I'll cope with two, but I can't wait either!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now