Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

WAS THIS A SHOW!!!

(10 Posts)
tjgx Fri 10-Jun-05 21:49:41

Hi all...im 37 weks pregnant with my 3rd...never had my waters broke or a show with my last 2...which was 13 yrs ago...anyway at 9 am this morning..went 2 gp 4 ante natal...had 2 wee in those silly lil bottles...and as i loooked at the bottle there was all clumps floating in the wee..then when i wiped myself there was a clump of clear discharge jelly like but with no blood...gp said yes it may have been a show..i never had this b4 n he really didnt explain it 2 me..so does this mean labor could come soon...he sent me home is there anything i must do call hosp or anything or do i wait n see...thanx 4 any advice xxxxxx

jampots Fri 10-Jun-05 21:51:47

sounds like it. Mine was like the jelly from a pork pie!

Howver my labour started nearly 2 weeks later

starlover Fri 10-Jun-05 21:52:34

yep, does sound like a show. I had one 2 days before I went into labour. And then more the day it started!

bonym Fri 10-Jun-05 22:13:43

Does sound like it. I had a show about an hour before my waters broke - labour started about an hour after that. Good luck!

QueenEagle Fri 10-Jun-05 22:17:51

I had a blood stained jelly discharge with no.4 the day after having a sweep and ds arrived (I think) 4 days later.

Good luck btw.

tjgx Sat 11-Jun-05 13:23:05

hi all...thanx 4 letting me know!!!starting to eat fresh pineapple peeps been telling me it can bring labour on!! so will give it it a try x

ambrosia Sat 11-Jun-05 13:28:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

starlover Sat 11-Jun-05 14:10:10

tjgx... i ate 2 whole pineapples and nothing happened!

also tried sex, walking up and down stairs, raspberry leaf tea, curry, gin, hot baths... you name it i tried i!

none of it worked though!!!

(btw, why are you trying to bring on labour if you're only 37 weeks?)

Gillian76 Sat 11-Jun-05 14:27:48

Sounds like it. I had one with DS (no.3) after a sweep. Labour started the next day.

tjgx Sat 11-Jun-05 14:47:21

Hi all....hosp...want 2 induce as ds very big...so was trying to see if there was anything i could do first naturally...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: