Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it possible to have ECV if you've had a cs?

(6 Posts)
HeadFairy Mon 12-Oct-09 15:16:39

DD is currently transverse at 29 weeks. Yeah yeah I know I have aaages.. however ds was breech at the same time and refused all efforts to turn him. DD may well turn, but if she doesn't, what are the options available to me?

HeadFairy Mon 12-Oct-09 18:56:14

HeadFairy Mon 12-Oct-09 20:07:07

Pretty please?

napa Mon 12-Oct-09 22:13:40

doctors tend to refuse to do ECV on anyone with a scar on the uterus, c/s myometomy for fibroids etc.

remember your tummy muscles are never as tight second time around so babies tend to have more room to move - a problem the more babies you have, they move around too much (unstable lie!!)

wait and see what happens but in the meantime it might be worth looking at the optimal fetal positioning stuff - no guarantee it'll work but better than doing nothing!

good luck

castlesintheair Mon 12-Oct-09 22:23:26

I wasn't allowed to have one and then DC3 turned head down (having been transverse all pg, as were the others) when I went into labour. I wasn't allowed a VBAC either. I was told I would have to find an independent midwife and have a home birth. However, during the cs, I was told by the surgeon that my uterus was in such good shape I could easily have another 11 C/s if I wanted hmm so maybe you could look into finding a private midwife or wait and see as napa suggests.

HeadFairy Tue 13-Oct-09 12:00:54

Thanks napa and castles... I thought that might be the case... I know how much pressure they put on my poor old uterus to try to move ds so I can imagine it's probably not the best thing to try if there's a scar in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now