Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Eating Licorice In Pregnancy May Affect A Child's IQ And Behavior

(9 Posts)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091006093349.htm

skihorse Mon 12-Oct-09 13:55:38

Licquorice is virtually a food group in The Netherlands and I've not noticed the children more "anti-social" than those of other nationalities.

VanillaIce Mon 12-Oct-09 14:26:48

What??? MY pregnancy book specifically recommends black licorice to help boost iron levels. I've been munching a bar every day to this end. Not because they're yummy you understand... grin

skihorse Mon 12-Oct-09 14:34:10

Vanilla Lifting books is also inadvisable. Have you considered "just sitting" - this is the new recommended path. wink

Its mental isn't it. How many more things can possible be bad for you?

blondieminx Tue 13-Oct-09 14:07:02

oh how strange. Normally I adore liquorice but I've gone right off it since being pregnant! I reckon your body just tells you what it needs and what it doesn't eh. Shame mine keeps telling me it must have more strawberry milk and other sweet things! wink

WinkyWinkola Tue 13-Oct-09 14:55:06

Great. I've been devouring the stuff. I've had real cravings for it.

KateM77 Wed 14-Oct-09 19:20:00

Oh bugger that! I'm already cutting out enough nice food and licorice is one of the few things to keep the queasiness at bay!

whensmydayoff Thu 15-Oct-09 15:34:43

It's the only thing that helps me poo blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now