Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Asthmatic and pregnant...anyone else?

(7 Posts)
first1 Mon 12-Oct-09 13:01:06

Just interested to hear other ladies experiences of asthma symptoms in pregnancy. I've heard how a third of women feel the same, a third feel worse, a third have no difference. Am 9weeks pregnant with my first so just curious, if/when your symptoms started to change?

roundabout1 Mon 12-Oct-09 13:39:28

Hi - I am 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd. In my first preg my asthma was fine, in fact better than normal apart from when I had a cold. I think in the first few months it was probably the same & as that was nov/dec I suppose thats pretty good going. Hopefully it will be the same for you!

Trying4Baby1 Wed 14-Oct-09 11:13:29

Hiya, I'm 11wks with my first and asthmatic. I've already had two colds straight after one another and the only thing I found worse was I didn't want to take any pills with being in my first trimester so found it hard going. I just used my inhalers and don't think it was any worse but I think some people find it hard going in the later stages when your lungs get a bit squished anyway.

BlueChampagne Wed 14-Oct-09 15:52:30

I'm 32 weeks with my second, and haven't found any change in my asthma yet that I would ascribe to pregnancy rather than the odd cold. Good luck.

CantThinkofFunnyName Wed 14-Oct-09 16:11:07

I'm 28 wks with my 3rd and every pregnancy, asthma has been LOADS easier. In fact, starting to get a bit breathless now due to pressure of baby etc - but not in an asthmatic way, IYKWIM!

GuernseyFrench Wed 14-Oct-09 19:04:24

I'm 22 weeks with my 1st one and my asthma is worse than pre-pregnancy.
I normally only use my inhaler during autumn and winter and I had to use it during the summer.
Not big crisis just whissling (sp?) and out of breath very quickly.

Ohwhatacrapmasfear Wed 14-Oct-09 19:16:15

I'm 27 weeks and have found my asthma to be slightly worse though I have just upped my dose of inhaler and that has kept it under control.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now