Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

migraine in thirs timester drs or bed?

(6 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 12-Oct-09 12:54:25

I have what feels like the beginnings of a migraine. I have a headache, not horrendous but getting a little worse as the day draws on. I have floaty things in from of my eyes and I feel wobbly headed. Not dizzy as in fuzzy, but more floor/walls are moving a bit when I move my head. Its obviously not bad enough for me to get off the computer, although I keep missing keys as the floaty things keep crossing my vision! I have also run out of energy suddenly (not that I had any to start with!)

I have experienced migraines in the past, but not for a while, not during this pg.

No swollen fingers, feet, face or amything else. Should I call gp for another paranoid visit or should I just go to bed and sleep it off? Saw midwife on thursday last week and all was fine with me and with baby.

Tomatefarcie Mon 12-Oct-09 13:01:20

Hi Pavlov!

I had one last week, and got quite pissed off, as I had never had them in pregnancy before. It was supposed to be MY time off migraines! meh.

(27 weeks pg btw)

I took a couple of paracetamol, rubbed a load of 4Head (it did help), and went to bed.

I wouldn't go to the drs for that, as he is very likely to say "there is nothing I can do".
As long as you're sure your BP is fine..

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 12-Oct-09 13:05:18

I am not sure my bp is fine, in that, my heart always feels like it is pounding at 100 miles an hours grin but it was absolutely fine on thursday as it has been all through my pg, and I don't feel like is has risen or anything, not that I could tell !

I shall go to bed, and rest, not sure if sleep is an option what with builders putting skirting up in the loft and lots of drilling and sawing going on, but will take some paracetamol and drink lots more water today.

Sorry to hear you had one, they are not nice are they? I get them a couple of times a year, I usually get either floaty head and eyes, and broken bits in vision, or headache so bad I through up and wobbly head, not both normally.

Oh well, 5 weeks to go grin

rosieposey Mon 12-Oct-09 13:06:38

Hi Pavlov, i hardly ever get headaches but did get the odd humdinger in my pregnancy (i think its to do with blood volume increasing ect). Take a paracetamol and see if it helps but given that you saw your Midwife on Thursday things could have changed so i would get your BP checked at the doctors just to be on the safe side, Its highly unlikely its anything dodgy just better to be safe thats all as PE can come on really quickly and sometimes with few symptoms.

Good luck with the rest of your pg

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Mon 12-Oct-09 13:09:05

Thank you smile i shall do drugs, bed, sleep then Dr if I need to. they are open late if I need to go, and I know they will see me grin they love me there and would be bored without me hehe!

Claire236 Mon 12-Oct-09 13:50:59

I get migraines when pregnant. When pg with ds1 dr told me it was caused by hormone levels. Currently 32 weeks pg with ds2 & getting one nearly every day. They're not really bad but certainly bad enough to leave me feeling drained pretty much constantly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now