Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Immune system and pregnancy - is it compromised and how early!

(3 Posts)
Antiquarian Mon 12-Oct-09 12:08:24

Hello everyone, I'm precariously pregnant, precariously because I had an early miscarriage last month and so I'm feeling really nervous. Anyway, I'm desperately seeking symptoms, because last time (ie DD, not miscarriage) I felt sick really early and this time I don't, which is feeding my paranoia.

The only thing I have is a horrible cold (would definitely call it flu if a man) that has lasted for ten days now and got progressively worse, not better. Today I feel exhausted, washed out, achey-boned, tearful and really irrationally annoyed with my DH for not putting his supper dishes in the dishwasher after I went to bed early last night.

Do you think any of this is pregnancy related or is it mostly cold related? I thought that immune systems got a bit rubbish in pregnancy but I'm only five weeks, seems a bit early?

Dragonfly73 Mon 12-Oct-09 12:55:39

the immune system is compromised almost immediately. Otherwise your little bean wouldnt be able to burrow into your uterus without being treated as a tumor by your body.

I have had 3 miscarriages so i know how anxious it makes you. Just try to breath and keep telling yourself that whatever will be will be and enjoy your pregnancy.

congratulations and best of luck!

fiziwizzle Mon 12-Oct-09 14:10:34

I haven't felt sick at all, and I'm 23 weeks. Count yourself lucky, and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now