Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

possible to tell gender with scan at 16-17 weeks?

(6 Posts)
roary Mon 12-Oct-09 11:25:20

I am in a study and having scans every 5 weeks - will they be able to tell gender, and will they tell me, do you think?

shelinka Mon 12-Oct-09 11:31:40

I don't know what it's like in the UK (I live abroad) but I was told the gender of my DS at 15 weeks, and of my DD at 13 weeks (at the NT scan). I just had the NT scan at 12+1 weeks for this DC, but the doc couldn't tell me - he said if it had been next week (i.e. week 13), he would've been able to tell. His equiptment is state of the art, however, maybe that's why he can tell so early.

mosschops30 Mon 12-Oct-09 11:43:59

I was also told at 15 weeks with ds (it was quite clear) so yes you should be able to know at 16-17 weeks.

NancyBotwin Mon 12-Oct-09 11:53:10

When I had a Nuchal scan done at, I don't know, maybe 11 weeks?, the doctor said he reckoned dc3 would be a boy and he was right!

poorbuthappy Mon 12-Oct-09 11:55:50

With an experienced sonography they should be able to tell...
by the way I read your post thinking why is she telling us what sort of room she is sitting in!!! grin

alypaly Mon 12-Oct-09 11:58:53

depending on the angle sometimes the female clitoris looks as large as a boys penis,but then one grows a bit more and the other shrinks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now