Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this discharge normal at 24 weeks pregnant?

(8 Posts)
devotion Mon 12-Oct-09 11:18:17

Hello

I know its perfectly normal to have increased discharge during pregnancy which in my case is usually how I know I am pregnant.

This is my third pregnancy so I feel a little silly typing this but ths morning when preparing breakfast I suddenly felt a bit wet in my pants and so went had a look. There was patch of moisture more near the front of my pants, it was not wee but more clear with yellow tinged type of discharge. No smell. I wiped myself and lots more with clear jelly stuff was on the tissue. Not just a bit but alot.

I was a bit taken back by the amount so put some tissue in my pants to see if anymore came out especially liquid and if it had I would have called my midwife in case it was my waters breaking.

But only a little bit more discharge came out and I had no pain. That was a good few hours ago now and nothing since so I am guessing it was just maybe caused by a big surge of hormones? and that its pefectly normal?

anyone else experienced this? I dont remember it with my other pregnancies.

thank you

belgo Mon 12-Oct-09 11:21:11

It could be just normal discharge, or it could be an infection such as thrush(very common in pregnancy and can be treated with canestan), but I think you should speak to your midwife and describe the discharge, in particular the jelly stuff.

devotion Mon 12-Oct-09 11:25:23

doesnt thrush itch? my next app is not for until 28 weeks, maybe i should give her a call then.

belgo Mon 12-Oct-09 12:18:40

Yes give her a call. Hopefully it will put your mind at restsmile

Mama2b5 Mon 12-Oct-09 12:21:09

devo- Snap, snap- i thought it was only me, i have been wearing pantyliners now! and because i have had some test done recently and all was well, i have just learnt to live with it! i dont have a MW until 4th nov so may bring it up, but really as long as its not blood im not worried!
Sorry i cant advise you what it is or why!

devotion Mon 12-Oct-09 12:26:10

Mama2b5 & Belgo- thank you!

Seeing as I have had no more and there is no pain, smell or itch etc I think I will leave calling the mw.

If I have another large amount or any pain then I will call her but think I just to go and invest in some pantyliners

Mama2b5 Mon 12-Oct-09 20:47:59

your welcome smile

jojochanel Mon 12-Oct-09 21:03:38

devotion - I could have written your post. It's my 3rd too and I didn't have this with the others so it's a bit unexpected. It's been going on from the start but as there's no pain or blood so I'm ignoring it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now