Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Baby aspirin - spotting?

(6 Posts)
lollypop101 Sat 10-Oct-09 13:41:27

Just wondered if anyone could help.

For the past week I have had brown cm in my knickers and when I wipe (sorry if tmi). It is really light and not a bleed as such but still it is light brown discharge.

I had an early scan at just 6 weeks a day or two after my spotting started and heartbeat was seen so I was feeling pretty good. But as it has gone on for over a week I'm a little concerned it will turn into a mc again (although this hasn't happened to me before).

I was wondering if the baby aspirin I'm taking could be causing the spotting? Please could anyone help. Has anyone else experienced this with baby aspirin?

Thanks xx

Comma2 Sat 10-Oct-09 15:44:17

Why are you taking baby aspirin????? Unless your doctor told you to and monitors, in which case you shouldn't have to ask here, you have to stop immeadiatedly!

I had spotting too with a slight subchorionic hematome which was no problem, but tell your doctor about it. They looked at baby/horomones every time I bled, even old blod.
And don't take any more aspirin until your gp has sanctioned it!

lollypop101 Sat 10-Oct-09 16:17:57

I am taking baby aspirin with my consultants knowledge due to a history of mcs. The reason I am asking is he is on holiday and will not be back until end of Oct.

I've spoken to my doctor who doesn't seem too concerned with my spotting as I had scan last week and all was good.

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience and whether there is a link with baby aspirin - that's all.

Comma2 Sat 10-Oct-09 16:40:36

Oh! Sorry for being bossy, but aspirin thins blood which can cause problems with certain conditions in pregnancy. Very sorry to hear you take it bc of mcs....hope all will be well.
Good luck!

Hannahblum Thu 16-Dec-10 14:38:14

Same here, 4,5 weeks pregnant, taking baby asperin as well, due to former mc and ANA positive, but I have been spotting brown and apparantly old blood too for several days. I take the baby asperin now every other day and the day after I didn´t take one, the spotting gets more light brown, and the day after I took a baby asperin, it seems to get more dark brown/dark red, so I am also wondering if the asperin is causing this. Had a ultrasound, but too soon to detect a pregnancy, I did have some mild blood/fluid in the abdomen but not to worry the doc said, perhaps the asperin is thinning this and causing me to spot more?
Hcg was not too high, but rising, so it might also be another mc I assume...
Not sure wheather to stop the baby asperin or not, as I hope it will actually help preventing a mc......

Hannah

sh77 Thu 16-Dec-10 15:25:16

Comma - OP came on here on looking for advice !!! and not to be dictated to in such a harsh manner!!! Your post is the last thing thing one needs to read if worried about a MC !!!

lollypop - the risk of MC declines after HB seen. It is v common to bleed early on, though of course, it is hard to say what is going on. I had 2 MCs and took asprin before my consultant suggested it. When I told him, he said it was fine and to carry on. However, I have had inconclusive results re blood clotting disorder. It is poss that aspirin is causing it as it thins the blood and could lead to problems with embryo fully attaching. I wouldn't take it unless advised or you have clotting issues.

Hope all works out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: