Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Prawns????

(8 Posts)
Tiaxx31 Sat 10-Oct-09 12:53:05

Is it safe to buy frozen prawns from the super market, defrost properly and then eat them as i was really unsure if it was safe to eat them or not as i am 32 weeks?

I ate them for first child 14 years ago but so many things change now

Cies Sat 10-Oct-09 12:55:27

If you cook them thoroughly and eat them promptly then there is no problem at all.

Tiaxx31 Sat 10-Oct-09 12:57:13

i want to eat a prawn cocktail, has things changed that much that it is harmful for babe x

biglips Sat 10-Oct-09 12:58:10

yes no problem at all as when i was pg with dd1 i didnt ate them cos i thought you couldnt have them during pg, and when i was pg with dd2 i was sooooo happy to allow to have them grin

Tiaxx31 Sat 10-Oct-09 12:59:29

brilliant, i know what i'm having when we have our roast 2mor, i'm making a starter,lol thank u x

biglips Sat 10-Oct-09 13:01:15

grin enjoy!

Tigresswoods Sat 10-Oct-09 16:35:34

I have eaten prawns loads that I or friends have cooked. Think it is a bit more dodgy in a restaurant but just use your instinct really.

MamaLazarou Sat 10-Oct-09 17:27:37

I think I have eaten prawns about 5 or 6 times a week since the start of my pregnancy! They are the only non-fattening thing I crave, so I am indulging myself. I wouldn't eat ceviche or anything that's been lying around on a buffet for a while, but I think freshly-prepared prawns are fine.

Bon appetit! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now