Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

can anyone reassure me? Does this sound like a viable pregnancy?

(12 Posts)
BiscuitStuffer Fri 09-Oct-09 20:16:48

I'm 6 weeks pregnant and by this stage with my other two, I was ravenous, had 'heavy legs' and couldn't walk very far (or fast) and got out of breathe easily.

With this one, I feel a bit hungover in the mornings (could just be my inability to 'do' mornings anyway wink) but very perky by mid morning and full of energy for the rest of the day. Normal to low appetite and I think can feel stretchy stuff going on in my uterus from time to time.

I am so worried that the lack of symptoms means it's bad news

OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Fri 09-Oct-09 20:51:23

dont fret - every PG is different

maxbear Fri 09-Oct-09 20:51:54

Give it a couple of days, you will probably feel hideous!! grin

whomovedmychocolate Fri 09-Oct-09 20:52:59

Oh no, you are just lucky and your annoying pregnancy symptoms will turn up in due course probably when you have felt so well previously you are planning a big uncancellable trip.

I felt fine for the first 13 weeks and then it was all downhill! hmm

PoppyIsApain Fri 09-Oct-09 20:53:56

If it was me i would be enjoying this easier pg, but if you are concerned speak to your mw smile

Yorky Fri 09-Oct-09 21:25:36

I have had 2 basically symptom free pregnancies - and now have 2 sleeping children upstairs. With the first I was terrified at the 12wk scan as it felt so unreal I was sure they were going to say there was nothing there. Couldn't believe it when the second was pretty much the same - although I never had any energy!

Congratulations and good luck

mumandlovingit Fri 09-Oct-09 21:58:22

i think im 5w 3 days and i had crampy stretching pains last week, now ive got sore boobs but nothing else. no sickness yet or anything so its not just you

i keep waiting for the sickness and other symptoms

people keep telling me to be happy while it lasts but i too am scared its a bad sign.

lets keep positive together and hope for sticky babies xx

Yorky Sat 10-Oct-09 11:21:03

Don't you love the way we all sit here with fingers crossed hoping for sticky babies, and then they turn into sticky toddlers and we sound like a sticky record "Don't touch....!"

Fabi76 Sat 10-Oct-09 11:56:32

Hello! I also think that I am 5 weeks, and apart from the period-like cramps last week, I'm not feeling any symptoms - if anything, less hungry and more energetic. I'm also a bit worried b/c it doesn't feel real. I had pain on one side last week and had an early scan and blood test, but the doctor said results were good (HCG and progesterone were going up as expected)and I'm going next week for another scan to rule out an ectopic... Good luck to you all!

rainbowdays Sat 10-Oct-09 14:03:35

Symptoms or no symptoms is no way of saying whether the pregnancy is viable or not. I have had two successful pregnancies with early symptoms and one without, and I have had 3 miscarriages with no symptoms and 2 with symptoms worse than the successful pregnancies!!!! So it really is true that every pregnancy is different and symptoms have no bearing on what the outcome will be. So CONGRATULATIONS and if it is possible, just enjoy and relax with your early pregnancies, cause I wish you all the best with them.

BiscuitStuffer Sat 10-Oct-09 20:16:16

Thank you so much everyone for all your very reassuring replies - just what I needed to hear. I do know that 'what will be will be' but a bit of support goes a looooooooong way when you've got your knickers in a knot over something! I had an extra panic last night as I had period pains for a few hours in to this morning. They have eased now and I haven't had any bleeding. I think I would just like it to just get on and miscarry if it's going to and otherwise just carry on being brilliant! I feel as if I'm blooming oddly - I haven't felt this well in years.

MumNWLondon Sun 11-Oct-09 22:35:41

I felt nauseous with DD from around 6 weeks to 14 weeks but had sympton free pregnancy with DS. Now 12 weeks and its been something inbetween, nauseous (didn't start until 7 weeks peaked at 9 weeks) feel ok since 11 weeks.

Relax each pregnancy different - the period pains can the uterus stretching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now