Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

cough medicine

(6 Posts)
pigleychez Fri 09-Oct-09 13:38:24

Anyone know of any safe cough medicines to take during pregnancy?

Ive developed a nasty tickly cough, but everytime I cough I gag and think im going to be sick. Its horrible!

Are any of the throat sweets ok too?

annamama Fri 09-Oct-09 13:44:54

Forget about cough medicine... I've asked in 2 different chemists and googled it too. I had the same as you, bad cough and gagging. I'm finally better now after about 2 weeks! Hope you get better soon.

IMoveTheStarsForNoOne Fri 09-Oct-09 13:47:06

I don't think you can take any cough medicines while pregnant, and they don't work anyway.

Magnums will ease your throat though, and they're compulsory in pregnancy!

Murtette Fri 09-Oct-09 16:06:20

Boots do one which only contains glycerol or something like that and actually says on the bottle that its safe to take when pregnant. If you ask one of the pharmacists in there, they should be able to show you which one. Compared to "proper" cough medicines, I found that it soothed my throat more than treated the cough but given how rubbish I'd been feeling, I was grateful for anything. I also drank gallons of honey and lemon which also helped to sooth my throat.

hampdenpark27 Fri 09-Oct-09 16:27:52

I got a honey and lemon glycerol one from sainsburys, that is safe for during pregnancy.

You can take simple linctus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now