Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

yay............20 week scan was yesterday!

(7 Posts)
happyatlast Fri 09-Oct-09 10:53:37

Hello everyone!!!

I went for my 20 week scan yesterday and found out that I am having a girl!!! Just what I wanted!!! Am so happy!

The pressure was on though so am relieved its over, everyone in my family wanted me to have a girl and everyone in my dp's family wanted a girl so I was under a significant amount of pressure to produce a girl!!

Job done anyway so wahey to me!!

BunnyLebowski Fri 09-Oct-09 10:58:28

Ah Congratulations!!!

Although you shouldn't have been feeling pressurised from anyone. Your families sound more than a bit hmm.

Any names chosen for your lil lady?

StealthPolarBear Fri 09-Oct-09 10:59:43

Congratulations
Why was it so important to everyone that it was a girl? Bit worrying!

happyatlast Fri 09-Oct-09 11:07:49

Well no it wasnt like that, like they wouldnt have been devastated if it were a boy, its just my mum wanted a girl so she had 3 granddaughters to match her 3 grandsons.

My dp preferred a girl but would have been absolutely fine if it were a boy and my dp's mum wanted a girl cos she already has a grandson from one of her sons, she herself has 3 boys and there just isnt many females in the family, so you know it wasnt really bad pressure, but you know what its like, I would have felt like everyone would have been thinkin oh well, at least its healthy had it turned out to be a boy!

They certainly wouldnt have been angry if it had been a boy!!

Also my daughter wanted a sister!

The only person who wanted a boy was my son, he wanted a little brother, so hes a bit upset, but as I pointed out, I didnt want another little man, he is my one and only little man! He seemed to accept that!!

I'm calling her Brooke. grin

Pinkjenny Fri 09-Oct-09 11:08:52

hmm

happyatlast Fri 09-Oct-09 11:16:47

Pinkjenny?? What seems to be the problem??

Pinkjenny Fri 09-Oct-09 11:17:56

Just projecting. Ignore. Congratulations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now