Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

As far as i am aware, the chance i am pregnant is really slim.....or am i being totally stupid??

(6 Posts)
WorrieWort Fri 09-Oct-09 10:46:28

DH and i had unprotected sex toward the end of my last period, just over a month ago.

My period was due on 10th (tomorrow), but for the past week i have had blood when i 'wipe' but nothing at all on my underwear, its that light!

I did a pg test on the off chance and that came back negative - so am thinking this will just be a really light period (even though my first light one ever)?

I normally have a normal 28 day cycle.

Just wondered what everyone else thought if it is just a coinsidence?

RobynLou Fri 09-Oct-09 10:49:07

I think its prob unlikely that you're pg - periods do do odd things for no reason sometimes - but not impossible, wait a week and do another pg test, if thats neg then you're def not.

shonaspurtle Fri 09-Oct-09 10:50:38

I find whenever I focus on my cycle (like when ttc or fretting about no period) it immediately starts doing thing that have never happened/I've never noticed before, so it is probably a coincidence.

Test again in a week if no period and check with gp if unexplained bleeding continues.

ClaireDeLoon Fri 09-Oct-09 10:52:14

If unprotected sex was about a month ago then I would think a test would come back positive now if you had conceived then. Any possible accidents since then?

If the spotting has been going on for a week and this is unusual for you (you don't normally get spotting before your period) then I would consider a trip to the doctors.

Was the test you did with first morning wee?

morningpaper Fri 09-Oct-09 10:53:45

Having sex towards the END of your period is a bit risky, yes.

WorrieWort Fri 09-Oct-09 11:59:54

Thanks everyone.

Definately no possible accidents since that one time.

The test i did wasn't the first morning wee, am thinking i will get another one just to be sure.

I have no symptoms etc as i got really early with my other two - its just the spotting which is confusing me... but i suppose could just be a coninsidence - maybe with me worrying about the whole thing.

I will do another test, and if thats negative might wait another day or two and if its still happening see what the doc says to put my mind at rest. thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now