Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Medication during pregnancy

(4 Posts)
hampdenpark27 Fri 09-Oct-09 07:53:20

I'm 9 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I have previously been on Seroxat for 5 years, and have just been weaned off it, as it is unsafe during pregnancy, and started on Sertraline. I am agrophobic and suffer from depression. Is anyone else out there mum to be, or mum who was on this medication.

ErikaMaye Fri 09-Oct-09 10:22:19

Hey, not on the same meds, but am on Prozac. I came off it at week six when I found out, and went back on it at 24 weeks because I was struggling too much. Just to say I sympathise.

hampdenpark27 Fri 09-Oct-09 16:10:33

Thanks, nice to hear from someone in a similar boat.

tinylion Fri 09-Oct-09 18:24:51

Hey, I was on Seroxat for about 7 years, was weaned off it before first pregnancy - I found that very difficult with the dizzy moments/anxiety problems. I'm now on Citalopram. If it helps apparently Sertraline is one of the best for lack of side effects and is very well "tolerated" according to the links my GP has sent me (my mum is on it...). Don't worry - I've been there too on a new anti-depressant...so I sympathise hugely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now