Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

which pregnancy yoga/Pilates DVD do you recomend?

(5 Posts)
holytoast Thu 08-Oct-09 21:55:35

hi,
I am 12 weeks pregnant, so think I should start thinking about getting into some kind of routine to keep myself toned - especially my core muscles as I have a lower back disc problem which will probably get worse! I swim lots, and used to rock climb, jog and walk a lot - so want to stay fit.
do any of you have any suggestions for dvds that you have tried? don't think I can afford a class, and probably wouldn't keep it up to be honest - rather be inside in the warm!

happyfaceschildcare Fri 09-Oct-09 13:44:42

Hi there, I'm 23 weeks pregnant and a huge yoga fan and the best pregnancy dvd I have found is "Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee" There is a full practice, a short practice if you don't have much time to spare and various sections for relaxation, pregnancy related ailments, breathing, it really covers everything.
As you are a fit person I'd also recommend Gabby Logan's Twin Results, this is great for your core muscles, there are some exercises on there you can't do as you get bigger but they are all safe for pregnancy as long as you're having a healthy pregnancy and exercised before you got pregnant.
Good luck with everything

amyboo Fri 09-Oct-09 15:21:11

I'm 15 weeks and tried out my "Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee" DVD weekend. I was recommended it by a friend. It was very good - has a longer practice (around 70 minutes) and shorter ones if you don't have time to do the whole thing. I found parts of it quite challenging, but she suggests ways to do the movements if you aren't as experienced/flexible at yoga as her. All in all, I'm very pleased with it and will be doing it regularly.

amyboo Fri 09-Oct-09 15:21:51

Doh - that should have read that I tried it out last weekend blush I should really preview my posts before posting them!

holytoast Fri 09-Oct-09 19:57:25

great, thanks guys, will have a look at those!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now