Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can anyone recommend decent maternity jeans for a tall person?

(26 Posts)
ladyandthechocolate Thu 08-Oct-09 19:37:32

I am 6 weeks preg with DC2. Last time I had the most godawful pair of jeans which felt like they were falling down the entire time. I was constantly hauling them up to avoid flashing an increasingly unnattractive builder's bum!

I am a 34 leg and wouldn't mind spending a bit if they were really nice.

Any suggestions?

Cies Thu 08-Oct-09 19:42:22

H&M ones are long, but I don't think they're "really nice" - passable is probably as good as they get!

MrsFawlty Thu 08-Oct-09 19:42:51

Hello,

I'm the same, I got mine mainly from Next, but also got some nice ones from Dorothy Perkins in the end. They're all a bit hard to keep up though unfortunately!

Congratulations, by the way!

Northernlurker Thu 08-Oct-09 19:47:20

My best friend is tall and I think she gave up on this in the end having been disappointed by a pair from Next. She then lived in a denim skirt from Gap which was lovely - but she was due in August so it was a bit easier. For winter you'd have to deal with maternity tights <<shudders>>

raggie Thu 08-Oct-09 20:01:16

I got some maternity jeans from Gap which I think are good, but would agree they're all guilty of falling down a bit more than we'd like!

Crapweasel Thu 08-Oct-09 20:34:59

Pregnant friend at work was wearing a lovely pair of Zara straight leg maternity jeans today. She's very tall so I'm sure she must be 34" leg.

Lastyearsmodel Thu 08-Oct-09 20:35:46

God, I suffered with this, and I'm not even that tall. H&M were the longest I found. My DP ones I used to have to decide between pulling them up and showing some halfmast ankle or letting them drop and giving it the pant-sag look. As if you haven't got enough to worry about being pregnant...

ladyandthechocolate Thu 08-Oct-09 20:37:06

Thanks for the advice smile

I see long legged models looking absolutely fab (with prosthetic bumps probably).

Sadly the reality for me is different (slightly worn out and puffy) so I better settle for falling down jeans!

notjustapuppymum Thu 08-Oct-09 20:50:19

I'm 34 leg too and it's been topshop maternity all the way for me - the Baxter skinny maternity jeans. They're £40 a pair which is cheap considering I've lived in them the last few months.

New Look also do the odd pair of long jeans and I've got one pair of those but I've only worn them a handful of times, it's always the topshop first.

Sariska Thu 08-Oct-09 21:31:43

I'm 5'10 and found Top Shop maternity jeans the best. They do several different styles and leg lengths, up to - I think - 34". You can buy on line. HTH.

nuttysquirrel Thu 08-Oct-09 22:42:56

how about long tall sally maternity jeans, good range of long leg lengths

roary Fri 09-Oct-09 09:46:18

Seraphine - I am 5"10 and some were even too long!

Rindercella Fri 09-Oct-09 13:09:38

If you really are prepared to spend a bit, then I cannot recommend Blossom highly enough.

I bought a pair of these in my first pregnancy - when I was working and thus could afford such things smile - and they are lovely. I am wearing them to death now in my 2nd pregnancy. I am a 34" inside leg too, and I had to have these taken up.

Rindercella Fri 09-Oct-09 13:10:35

<<quickly hides Blossom website before I get my credit card out>>

alana39 Fri 09-Oct-09 13:15:50

Red Herring at Debenhams long ones were long enough for me (also 34" leg) and a pair I bought from Jojomamanbebe which I think were labelled long, although the measurement wasn't as much as 34", I risked anyway and they are dragging under my heels. They were dark indigo straight leg ones, not sure if they will be in the new catalogue though. None of them any use at all in last few weeks though, have yet to find a pair of jeans that don't fall down when your bump gets massive.

SchnitzelVonKrumm Fri 09-Oct-09 13:18:46

Seraphine

blondieminx Fri 09-Oct-09 13:29:37

I've got a 35" inside leg and have found the Next extra long ones are fine - only tip is to get them in the size smaller than you would usually take as Next seem to allow PLENTY of room in case you get a bigger butt/thighs as well as bump during pregnancy hmm

Am thinking about getting some Topshop ones too so thanks for the recommendations on them!

Oh and on maternity tights I recommend size large from Mothercare - v comfy and stay up properly. And they come in groovy colours too smile

woowa Fri 09-Oct-09 16:20:57

beanpolebumps.co.uk has very long ones which I'm living in at the moment. Wonderful service too. Am 6ft

hampdenpark27 Fri 09-Oct-09 16:25:39

I have found this topic so helpful, i myself need 34 inch inside leg jeans, and i must say i am shocked to find that no on street shop sells maternity wear other than debenhams, where i live. I have had to shop online. I am only 9 weeks, but my body seems to be expanding at an astonishing rate. I will definately be looking online at Topshop and next.

messylittlemonkey Fri 09-Oct-09 16:54:46

Hi there

I'm 5'10" and agree that Topshop are the best mid price option. Had these with my first pg and got them again this time. The 34" leg are a good length for me.

HTH

MLM

ladyandthechocolate Sat 10-Oct-09 19:38:14

Thanks so much smile. I'm going to check some of these online. I also want a few staple pieces to mix and match with some cardies etc for layering. Good jeans I would wear most of the time.

slipperthief Sat 10-Oct-09 19:51:02

Are Blooming Marvellous still going? I got the comfiest pair ever there. Didn't break the bank either.

slipperthief Sat 10-Oct-09 19:51:56

And they had long leg sizes too.

ninemonthsandcounting Fri 22-Jul-11 00:11:49

Message deleted

Chicksy Fri 22-Jul-11 00:24:06

Mamalicious jeans are fab. I didnt discover them until pregnancy no 3 after buying multitudes of jeans the first two pregnancies and never being happy.
They come in 34" long. Dorothy Perkins sell them online. Couldnt recommend them enough and not too dear either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now