Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I have fishsticks in my fridge, they look sooo scrummy, and yummy, i have to go and eat them, are they really so bad when pregnant??

(10 Posts)
QueenofVenus Wed 07-Oct-09 19:54:28

Your not supposed to eat those when your pregnant are you? But i neeeeeeeeed them, i want them, they smell so scrummy :P am i not allowed just one? I can bear it no more!.....

pushmepullyou Wed 07-Oct-09 20:19:41

I ate loads. Are you not supposed to? Oops blush. I think they are just white fish with flavouring aren't they? I would have thought they would be Ok as I'm sure it's just raw seafood that should be avoided

QueenofVenus Wed 07-Oct-09 20:29:33

REALLY! oh goody grin <<<<QofV dashes off to the fridge>>>>

cyanarasamba Wed 07-Oct-09 20:35:35

Oh - thought you might be an american referring to fish fingers!

Do you mean those "crabstick" thingies? Never has them, are they really nice - and straight from the fridge? Always thought they looked a bit dodgy.

holytoast Wed 07-Oct-09 21:35:58

they aren't even that close to real fish - I really wouldn't worry! probablythe e numbers would do you more harm..(but thats why they taste so nice!)

OhBuggerandArse Wed 07-Oct-09 21:46:38

OK, now I can finally ask someone who knows what on earth you do with them! Are you meant to cook them, or just eat them as is? Cut up? With anything else?

UnrequitedSkink Wed 07-Oct-09 21:55:37

They're quite nice mashed up with mayo in 'crab' sandwiches!

Momdeguerre Thu 08-Oct-09 01:08:04

I have eaten tonnes of them this pg - no idea why they might be a 'naughty' food - think they are fine - just a bit crap!!

eat them! Its only fish flavouring so its fine and ive been eating tonnes of them. as for how to eat i slide them out there little packets and munch away! Bit likes pringles once i start I cant stop! grin

enjoy!

Kyte Fri 09-Oct-09 08:39:40

Ooh I've eaten loads both in this pg and with ds. But I'm a bit odd in my cravings.....I tear them into strips and dip them in Blue Dragon sweet chilli sauce......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now