Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sex and pregnancy or rather no sex...?

(5 Posts)
DeFluffMyFanjo Wed 07-Oct-09 16:33:48

At 20 week scan (private) they said the placenta was low and would need rechecking at about 34 weeks. At my NHS 20 week scan they said the same but said they couldnt tell how low because my bladder wasnt full.

Didnt advise against sex etc but said if any bleed to go straight in.

Had consultant appointment today and she said 'no sex', I queried this as the others hadn't said it and she said 'its better to be safe than sorry!'

I asked her how low the placenta was but she said it wasnt noted anywhere how low on my notes.

Anyone else had this?

notamumyetbutoneday Wed 07-Oct-09 16:35:46

Sorry, I have no advice whatsoever, im not even pregnant but I just had to tell you that I love your name!

DeFluffMyFanjo Wed 07-Oct-09 16:37:24

Why thank you! Unfortunately at the moment it really needs, ahem, defluffing. I can't see past my bump to do it!! blush

DeFluffMyFanjo Sat 10-Oct-09 18:30:05

bump

Naetha Sat 10-Oct-09 19:41:05

I also have a low lying placenta, and was told sex is fine, but to go easy - nothing too vigorous, and at the first sign of a bleed or a brownish discharge to call the midwife straight away.

As for the de-fluffing, I'm psyching myself up to get a bikini wax before I pop (currently 33 weeks) but as I've never got one before it's a bit scary!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: