Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pregnant or just symptoms of coming off the pill? Help??

(7 Posts)
PinkiePoo Wed 07-Oct-09 14:06:05

Hey all...

I am a childless 26 yr old with much needed advice. Around about the 12th September i cam off the pill. A week later.....19th Sept, me and my partner had intercourse. I have not had a period, I have bad cramping, in lower abdomen and back and today had mild spotting which was brown. I feel tired and am needing the toilet a little more than usual.
Yesterday i took a test which was negative, so i'm thinking is this to do with coming off the pill? or did I take the test to early??

what to do???? x

roxy12 Wed 07-Oct-09 14:34:56

You may have taken the test to early!

To be honest it has been nearly a month so i would have thought your pregnancy hormone would be strong enough to be detected by now!

I would go to the doctors and see what they
say!

Good luck.

MrsHappy Wed 07-Oct-09 14:42:42

What you describe - backache, tiredness, spotting, cramping, weeing more - all sound pretty normal things to have happen a day or two before your period starts.

It's less than a month since you stopped taking the pill - in a few more cycles you will have a better idea of what happens when in your cycle.

PinkiePoo Wed 07-Oct-09 15:00:23

I have had the cramping for almost 2 weeks now, its probably just my body getting used to be being 'pill-less'!!

mabh Wed 07-Oct-09 15:07:24

pinkie I was surprised how bad pre-AF cramps were and how long they lasted when I came off the pill - I don't know whether they were like this before and I've just forgotten, or whether this is a new thing! Sounds like you're experiencing something similar. Or not wink. I'd test next week if no show.

Comma2 Wed 07-Oct-09 15:10:57

a week after the pill would be very early to ovulate, so prob just hormonal aftermath of pill. Keep an eye on it though! If you don't have a period after a month, which may very well be even if you're not pregnant, you could do another test.

PinkiePoo Wed 07-Oct-09 15:14:57

ok thanks guys...... x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: