Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant or just symptoms of coming off the pill? Help??

(7 Posts)
PinkiePoo Wed 07-Oct-09 14:06:05

Hey all...

I am a childless 26 yr old with much needed advice. Around about the 12th September i cam off the pill. A week later.....19th Sept, me and my partner had intercourse. I have not had a period, I have bad cramping, in lower abdomen and back and today had mild spotting which was brown. I feel tired and am needing the toilet a little more than usual.
Yesterday i took a test which was negative, so i'm thinking is this to do with coming off the pill? or did I take the test to early??

what to do???? x

roxy12 Wed 07-Oct-09 14:34:56

You may have taken the test to early!

To be honest it has been nearly a month so i would have thought your pregnancy hormone would be strong enough to be detected by now!

I would go to the doctors and see what they
say!

Good luck.

MrsHappy Wed 07-Oct-09 14:42:42

What you describe - backache, tiredness, spotting, cramping, weeing more - all sound pretty normal things to have happen a day or two before your period starts.

It's less than a month since you stopped taking the pill - in a few more cycles you will have a better idea of what happens when in your cycle.

PinkiePoo Wed 07-Oct-09 15:00:23

I have had the cramping for almost 2 weeks now, its probably just my body getting used to be being 'pill-less'!!

mabh Wed 07-Oct-09 15:07:24

pinkie I was surprised how bad pre-AF cramps were and how long they lasted when I came off the pill - I don't know whether they were like this before and I've just forgotten, or whether this is a new thing! Sounds like you're experiencing something similar. Or not wink. I'd test next week if no show.

Comma2 Wed 07-Oct-09 15:10:57

a week after the pill would be very early to ovulate, so prob just hormonal aftermath of pill. Keep an eye on it though! If you don't have a period after a month, which may very well be even if you're not pregnant, you could do another test.

PinkiePoo Wed 07-Oct-09 15:14:57

ok thanks guys...... x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now