Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I feel great being pregnant

(23 Posts)
kimdeal Tue 06-Oct-09 18:36:15

OK, it's a lie: I feel awful. This is week 6 for me and I’m 37. I feel sick, dog tired, I can’t concentrate and I think my brain is steadily atrophying. Is there anyone out there who had a 'great pregnancy' and can share their tips? After all, is "feeling sick" all in the mind and/or in fact controllable by dietary changes? C’mon, give me hope. Thanks for any advice!

higgeldytownweirdo Tue 06-Oct-09 18:53:03

Nope first 10 weeks for me are always bad for sickness but is more managable by snacking regually. After 10 weeks till I get really massive are fab at week 7 now and brain has gone to mush....
Good luck

kimdeal Tue 06-Oct-09 19:06:48

Thanks hweirdo. But oh god, so I've got at least another month of this....? Yep, all I seem to do is snack (just to stop feeling like vom)...

notjustapuppymum Tue 06-Oct-09 19:31:11

I felt sick for two weeks from week 7-9 and was also completely exhausted and sleeping 12 hours plus a night. However, from week 9 onwards no sickness and tiredness had abated by week 12 ish and since then I've felt amazing (36 weeks now).
I don't know what the answer is, but just wanted to reassure you that it may not last forever!
In fact, the reason I clicked on your post was because i thought it might be someone else enjoying pregnancy rather than moaning as I'm so sick of everyone looking at me pityling when I say I've got 4 weeks to go...
I do exercise a lot so don't know if that's made the difference but I have loved being pregnant!

VenusInfers Wed 07-Oct-09 22:46:31

Hurrah for you, notjustapuppymum! I am not alone! I too almost feel guilty for having an easy pregnancy.
I had a few weeks of exhaustion in the early months, sure, and I'm glad that Lactulose has been invented but other than that I've just bumbled about feeling well, and healthy. I'm 37 weeks and only need the occasional afternoon nap to make my day perfect.
I'd like to think it was my active lifestyle and pregnancy yoga that has given me such an easy time of it; but really I think a lot of it is down to luck.
Hang in there kimdeal, you could be lucky too!

londonlottie Wed 07-Oct-09 23:05:02

Message withdrawn

londonlottie Thu 08-Oct-09 07:55:04

Message withdrawn

kimdeal Thu 08-Oct-09 09:43:41

Oh, good to hear some pos stories! Venus: what's this Lactulose though - is it particularly good for 'morning' sickness? londonlottie chuckle: that's what I'd always thought about m.s. - or at least, I hadn't appreciated how exhausting it is! Bed by 9.30 anyone? (And I quite possibly mean 9.30 am.) Hey ho, roll on the 'breezing through it' phase...

Disenchanted3 Thu 08-Oct-09 09:46:18

i felt ike that from 6 - 24 weeks and 28-40 weeks.
all 3 times hmm

londonlottie Thu 08-Oct-09 09:49:52

Message withdrawn

VenusInfers Thu 08-Oct-09 14:00:25

Ah, Lactulose isn't for ms. It's for that lovely stage in mid-to-late pregnancy when you will have no longer have a problem eating food, just lots of problems, erm, sending it on to its final resting place! grin

tinylion Thu 08-Oct-09 18:29:42

I feel the same. Now 9 weeks, and went to the doctor sobbing feebly about constant nausea/acid/sickness. She took pity and gave me Avomine, and then a second tablet (forgotten name). Now I take 3 a day, and it has made the sickness "manageable". It's still not easy but it means I can put a load of washing on, or take Dd to school without hoying up everywhere. Actually sitting here I do still feel sick, and I have to eat such CRAP to keep nausea away! But then, just could not eat carrots/apples or anything else vaguely healthy...it's carbs and sugar all the way here...PLEASE GOD it does not last much longer...

katylou25 Thu 08-Oct-09 19:32:51

Oh me too - I breezed through my pregnancies with ds1 and 2 - was one of those really annoying full of life and joy pregnsnt types - a few afternoon naps was all i needed.

However am now 7.5 weeks with dc3 and oh my god am I rough - from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed I feel constantly naseous, and if I get up in the night to go the loo it starts again. I am so so tired it's a drag to do anything with the boys and I cry at absolutely anything, often nothing at all..... Roll on the 2nd trimester I need to bloom!!!

Mama2b5 Thu 08-Oct-09 23:04:36

Venus- im downing it like it a wino with a can of white ice! Lactulose and ermmm not helping not at all i feel desprate to go without bursting a vein! why is this happening never before has this happened and people are telling me what to eat which i am, unless i eat raw fibre what else can i do ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! luv being pregnant hate being bunged up! i get so full so quick and can barely eat 1 meal a day! sorry bout TMI !!!!! blush

VenusInfers Fri 09-Oct-09 09:51:02

Oh dear, Mama2b5, that sounds BAD. Just to add to the mountains of unsolicited advice you have been given, I have found that corn on the cob helps to move things along for me. Not tinned, the fresh stuff that is in supermarkets at the moment. Boil that up for 6 or 7 mins, slaver in butter and a bit of pepper and enjoy!

Mama2b5 Sat 10-Oct-09 12:30:24

Venus - thanks for that headed to tesco yesterday and got 2 packs ate 2 last nite so far ermmmmmmm nothing but hopefully i will c the results! its madness why am i so bothered but going for a week and not gin ust aint right!grin

Mama2b5 Sat 10-Oct-09 12:31:31

opps missed out o in goin- gin! and in ust ! sorry typo error its a shame you cant delet and start again!

MamaLazarou Sat 10-Oct-09 17:25:29

Sorry to hear you're suffering, kimdeal. I felt awful for the first 8 weeks, too. I started feeling much better around week 13 - now I'm 25 weeks and feel absolutely wonderful! I hope things get better for you. xx

Fibilou Sun 11-Oct-09 10:54:37

I haven't been sicky really, actually have felt great. The tiredness is, I think, unavoidable but I just plough through it.

I've always been a "just get on with it" person and as someone commented to me at work "determined not to give in to pregnancy" ! I don't know whether the fact that I feel great is just because I am lucky or because I have been totally determined not to give in

Fibilou Sun 11-Oct-09 10:56:36

Forgot to add I am 25+1, 33 years old and a size 18/20 prepregnancy so not exactly a young slip of a thing !

VenusInfers Sun 11-Oct-09 23:15:41

Fingers crossed for you Mama2b5!

benjysmum Sun 11-Oct-09 23:19:06

Best bit of advice I had... eat oranges, they don't stop you puking but they taste the same going both ways.

Mama2b5 Mon 12-Oct-09 12:05:49

no, no no luck so far - i guess this is the way it is going to be for the next 3 months!
oh well it could be worse!grin
apart from that feeling really good from within and really enjoying that soon my baby will be here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now