Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How to protect...

(3 Posts)
GuernseyFrench Tue 06-Oct-09 17:36:32

... your mattress?

I am wondering how to protect my mattress in case I break the water during the night?

I can't really see DH moping the mattress before driving me to hospital!! grin

What do you use?

Many thanks
GF

peppapighastakenovermylife Tue 06-Oct-09 17:41:10

I would maybe stick a towel under there...but most womens waters dont go until they are in labour - and at a stage where you know you are in labour so wouldnt be lying down in bed (and certainly not asleep!)

Also if they did break, you would wake up and probably most of it wouldnt end on the bed.

You can get bed protectors meant for toddlers - perhaps one of those would work.

butterscotch Tue 06-Oct-09 20:34:03

My waters broke at 5:30am with my DD, however I woke up as I felt like I was wetting myself...and went to the loo....

Anyway it was only a little bit on the bed, which I stripped (I had a normal mattress cover on you know argos/dreams etc..) when I stripped the mattress protector it hadn't got that far through!

I had breakfast before phoning the hospital and making our way in!

If your asleep like I was and its just the waters breaking with no contractions its unlikely your be rushing to the hospital!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now