Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody had a GTT test at Mayday hospital (Croydon)?

(10 Posts)
Rosesinautumn Tue 06-Oct-09 11:10:59

Hope somebody can enlighten me!

I've got an appoinmtent for a GTT at the end of the month and I'm a bit confused about where to go/what to do. When it was booked, my midwife was in a real tizzy as the reception staff at my GP had booked me the wrong appointment for the third time and she was trying to fit in a booking appointment within 15 mins instead of 45mins. She got somebody else to phone up and book it and he scrawled the date and some other details on a post-it note, but I can't read it.

Now I fully admit to not really taking much notice as I was struggling with a tired and hungry 2yr old and a bored 4yr old (we'd been there nearly 1hr 1/2 by this time) so I just kind of nodded whilst he was telling me where to go and what to do, however he did say he would post me the details/leaflet, which has never appeared. I've tried ringing GP's for some clarifacation but had no joy, so.....

Can anyone tell me where I'm supposed to go at Mayday and perhaps which department to ring and confirm the appointment (there are 2 dates on the post-it and I can't make out what's written beside them). Hayelp!!

ChunkyMonkeysMum Tue 06-Oct-09 21:43:04

Sorry I can't be of more help, but just phone Mayday's main switchboard on 020 8401 3000 and ask where you need to go. They should be able to put you through to the right dept who can help.
Good luck !!

Rosesinautumn Tue 06-Oct-09 22:29:51

Thanks Chunky, that is a genius idea and I'm now wondering why I've spent so long looking at the departmental phone number list trying to work out which one I need when the answer is so simple. I'm blaming 'pregnancy lobotomy'!

ChunkyMonkeysMum Tue 06-Oct-09 23:09:38

Oh, believe me, I know that feeling !!! I'm still suffering with it & my youngest is 13 months grin
Are you having the baby at Mayday ? Did you have your others there ?
Both of mine were born at Mayday.

Rosesinautumn Wed 07-Oct-09 10:56:25

Had my 2nd at Mayday and will be having this one there too. I've heard a lot of negative stuff about the place but I didn't find it that bad actually, (mind you the place I had DS1 must have been built over a hell mouth so just about anywhere would feel like the Hilton after that experience) wink. How did you find it?

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Wed 07-Oct-09 10:59:02

I can't remember where I had it at Mayday. It wasn't in either the diabetic clinic or antenatal though - but this was with DS1 and he's 10

Pack some sandwiches to scoff at the end - I was all weak and wobbly after the one I had with DS2 (at St Helier for some bizarre reason)

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Wed 07-Oct-09 10:59:45

I had 2 at Mayday and the last at home. Mayday was fine, home was better

ChunkyMonkeysMum Wed 07-Oct-09 13:28:34

Erm, I didn't find Mayday too bad (not as bad as my SIL found East Surrey !!). When I had DS2 there in Sept last year they were doing up most of the delivery suites so only had 3 open which meant that a lot of women were labouring on the ward then being taken to a delivery suite at the last minute which was awful, but that shouldn't be a problem now.
Apart from that, it was ok. Just take food & a drink with you as ADragon says, as the food is awful, and they don't offer you anything straight after the birth (well they didn't with me anyway with either of my boys). In fact, a couple of hours after DS2 was born, they offered me curried goat as that was all that was left from the lunch menu !! <<boaks emoticon>>
I sent DH straight to the main entrance to get me a sandwich or Burger King grin
When are you due ?

Rosesinautumn Thu 08-Oct-09 10:01:52

Urgh, I'm retching at the idea of curried goat at any time, never mind after just popping a baby out, yuck, yuck and thrice yuck!!

I'm almost certainly going to have to have another c-sectionsad this time so at least I can bypass any of the Labour ward/delivery suite shinnanigan's (silver lining and all that). Due mid Jan, congrats on your DS btw!

ADRAGON, thanks I hadn't even thought about taking some food for afterwards, steller idea.

Mama2b5 Thu 08-Oct-09 23:22:28

first time at mayday so im a bit nervous but this is dc3!1 at guys,1 at st.thomas! i dont know wots worse uptown and have parking issues and con charge and no vistors until late evening or downtown where it may not be at a good standard but just a short drive to croydon to do shopping if long daytime labour!!!! oh well to late to change now i guess!15 wks to go!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now