Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Choose your cheese - this made my blood boil!

(4 Posts)
flybynight Tue 06-Oct-09 10:43:49

A woman in Bedford was told by a Sainsbury's worker that she couldn't buy unpasteurised cheddar because she was pregnant. Who do these people think they are? (Doesn't make much to make me cross at the moment. Just don't get me started on Roman Polanski).

BBC cheese story

JulesJules Tue 06-Oct-09 10:51:45

Bloody Hell grin. It's an extension of that whole 'crossing the road to give pregnant woman some unsolicited and utterly wrong advice' thing, isn't it?

And it is not up to Sainsbury's staff to issue health/safety warnings (whether correct or not) to pregnant women. FFS.

alana39 Tue 06-Oct-09 11:26:15

FFS I buy all sorts of banned things - mainly for DH, but if I decided to eat some unpasteurised ewes' milk and liver pate washed down with a large vodka it's up to me angry

Almost feel like going to Sainsbury now to try it out grin

SouthernMeerkat Tue 06-Oct-09 13:25:57

How did the Sainsbury's worker know that it was for the woman who was buying it - or even that she was going to eat it raw...and in any case what business of hers was it to interfere?!

Pah, the world's gone mad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now