Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Taking a long time to get a BFP with DC#1 what happend #2?

(12 Posts)
Littlemissmischief Mon 05-Oct-09 21:40:00

Hi,

It took about 4 weeks to get a BFP with my DS1. Am currently ttc with #2 and have just started Clomid but just wondered if it is likely to be the same when I do get pg again or whether its just one of those things.

Has anyone else had this?

Thanks smile x

Littlemissmischief Tue 06-Oct-09 11:24:25

Bump grin

Comma2 Tue 06-Oct-09 18:22:56

4 weeks?

Tomatefarcie Tue 06-Oct-09 19:50:59

Errr. 4 weeks is a very short time. One cycle.

Even 4 months would be a short time, most people try for months and months, even years.

spongebrainmaternitypants Tue 06-Oct-09 19:52:28

I'm confused - you say it took you a long time to conceive, do you mean 4 years not 4 weeks?

sazlocks Tue 06-Oct-09 19:53:30

4 weeks ? do you mean 4 weeks ?
FWIW it took us a couple of years to get pregnant with DS. In the end it took one cycle of clomid and we got pregnant. Am now pregnant with DC 2 and it happened naturally after a couple of months.

JodieO Tue 06-Oct-09 19:58:52

I think she meant for the bfp to show up on the test, so she'd be 8 weeks by then? I assumed anyway.

Littlemissmischief Tue 06-Oct-09 21:09:41

LOL sorry i didnt explain that very well. I meant show up on a test not to concieve, I know it can take a long time as I have now been trying for over 2 years now smile

With my DS it took 6/7 weeks after my last period so instead of 2 weeks after i ovulated it was more like 5 weeks until it showed up on a test, obviously I had a low HCG count until then but just wondered if it would most likely happen again or if its just one of those things?

Hope thats clearer grin x

spongebrainmaternitypants Tue 06-Oct-09 21:20:12

That makes much more sense! Do you have a long cycle? That might explain why it took so long to show up?

It must have been a very weak HCG - or a crap pg test!

Sorry it's taken so long - have you had any investigations?

Littlemissmischief Wed 07-Oct-09 00:09:23

Hi Spongebrainmaternity - I have very irregular periods and have Endometriosis and suspected PCOS. I have had one 'normal' period where I ovulated on day 14 and that was the month I got pg, never had one before or since. I have now been given Clomid to make me 'normal' and ovulate and the Consultant is sure this is all I need, but im just thinking if thats right and I do manage to get pg then is it going to take aslong again to get a BFP, I never got an explanation for why it took longer than normal but I obviously didnt care after I got my BFP grin

With regards to the test, it was a 2 pack and i did one a few days before and got a BFN then the 2nd one gave me a BFP i then went out and did 2 more CB and got BFP with those so dont think it was the tests?

Thanks x

Comma2 Wed 07-Oct-09 02:56:06

if you have pcos you might not have gotten the ovulation date right the first time....if Clomid successfully regulates your cycle, which it should, you should see a positive about 14 days after ovulation.

Littlemissmischief Wed 07-Oct-09 10:01:52

Thanks Comma2 I really hope so grin x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now