Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Oh no! Please help!

(15 Posts)
tummytickler Mon 05-Oct-09 18:22:54

Sorry, this is going to be a bit disjointed, I am tired and panicy and confused so here it goes!

We were ttc, but stopped 4 months ago as i have a new job and need a series of vaccinations, so we thought we would get those out the way first!

I have been on the pill (cerazette) and bleeding for the last 3 weeks, stopped on Friday. I have not been brillliant at taking the pill!

Today i feel really pregnant, just the same as i did wheth previous dc. so i did a test. POSITIVE. So i did a ClearBlue to work out how pg - NOT PREGNANT.

So am i pg??

Also i have had 2 jabs for HepB and and MMR for work - although i was already immune to rubella and measles i needed the whole lot.
Are these going to harm the baby (if i am pg?) I had my last lot on Friday so i would have been pg when had jabs (If i am pg)

So confused.
And i started my new job today!

Bicnod Mon 05-Oct-09 18:25:14

Hi tummytickler - hope you're ok...

Can you do another test?

Congrats on new job btw!

mummydarlingsausage Mon 05-Oct-09 18:33:13

is the clearblue digital? - i used a digital test for dc2 (over 3 years ago) and it said negative but a standard test said positive. i took the dip stick thingy out of end bit (with the digital one) and it had 2 lines (one very faint) i was just too early for it to work.

peppapighastakenovermylife Mon 05-Oct-09 19:31:24

Don't take a digi apart - they always have two lines (I think). You cant dismantle them in the same way.

I would trust the normal test over a digi to be honest - probably more sensitive and less technology. I have a thing against CB digi after it told me I was pregnant when I wasnt (really wasnt pregnant - no periods still breastfeeding, no other test said positive).

Injections - I have no idea sorry.

tummytickler Mon 05-Oct-09 19:47:01

Thanks everyone.
I am going to have to do another test in the morning as i can't get out now - so will have to leave for work early.
Should i get another normal test or another digi do you think? The normal test had very clear 2 pink lines!
I am really worried about the jabs - i would love to hear if anyone has been in this situation, as presumably there is no research!

TULIP2110 Mon 05-Oct-09 20:23:05

Was the normal test with pink lines a first response brand test? If it was, they are one of the most reliable and if yu had 2 pink lines, thats a positive.

Comma2 Mon 05-Oct-09 20:31:29

Yes, I'd say positive too. Congrats.:-) Sorry about the timing though.
I can't imagine the injections doing anything at this stage. I think I read up on the rubella vac, and it wasn't too bad anyway. Go see your GP! You are pregnant!

napa Mon 05-Oct-09 20:59:05

you are advised not to get pregnant 1-3 months after having a rubella vaccination (length of time depends on vaccine) so if you get a positive maybe see your GP

Bicnod Mon 05-Oct-09 21:31:19

i'd do another normal test just to be sure in the morning and book an appointment with your GP re: jabs...

...but does sound like you're pregnant so tentative congrats

let us know how it goes in the morning? x x

tummytickler Tue 06-Oct-09 07:07:11

Thanks everyone - was in bed at 9pm last night, and off to work now so will let you all know later tonight. Might see if i can see the OH at work who gave me the jabs on my lunch break! Can't get to drs for a month so . . .

Den26 Tue 06-Oct-09 16:12:13

Hi Tummytickler, If all goes well with next test, congratulations!!

I don't know too much about vaccines in pregnancy. I looked into the MMR vaccine abit as i had the MMR after a MMC and wanted to start TTC again. My findings were that you have to wait 1 month after the MMR vaccine before TTC as there is a risk of MC but i also found that if someone receives the MMR vaccine when pregnant or within 1 month of vaccine without realising there is no reason to have a termination as there is not enough research to say how harmful this is.

Sorry i can't be reassuring and hope i haven't alarmed you! - best thing to do is speak to your GP if your test says positive.

Hope all goes well

Bicnod Tue 06-Oct-09 21:01:49

Any news tummytickler? Hope you're ok x

tummytickler Tue 06-Oct-09 21:40:23

Hello
Just got home and had a bath!
I did another test this morning and it was negative!
A bit confused, so will test again in a few days.
At least if it is still neg i don't have to worry about the jabs, but i had been getting used to the idea . . .
thanks for all the advice, i will post agin next week after another test, and hopefully see you over herre on the pg board again soon!
Back to baby names - keeping the dream alive and all that!

Bicnod Wed 07-Oct-09 07:35:17

Oh I'm sorry tummytickler

Good idea to do another test in a few days as can be unreliable early on.

If you're not then hopefully when it does happen you won't have to worry about anything and can just be grining

Hugs x

Den26 Wed 07-Oct-09 21:00:50

Hey Tummytickler, sorry to hear about negative test, as bicnod says - good idea to test again later.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, but every cloud has a silver lining so they say so if it doesn't work out this time atleast you have all your jabs and don't need to worry about the effect they may have if any

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now