Talk

Advanced search

Low lying posterior placenta 29 weeks 3rd baby whats chances of it moving if.... help pls!??

(7 Posts)
madmissy Mon 05-Oct-09 16:55:42

if i have had a previous manual removal of placenta, will I have scar tissue? i am being re scanned in 2 weeks and then have follow up appt with my consultant after to go through results

does my previous placenta probs and it being my 3rd baby affect the chances of it moving?

whats weird is that it was normal in both my 12wk and 20wks scan so how is it so low?

the sonographer checked twice and was very low down by my cervix which is closed

<<confused face>>

anyone able to offer any help??

madmissy Mon 05-Oct-09 17:22:30

anyone? sad

frogthistle Mon 05-Oct-09 19:58:20

I don't know about scar tissue but second opinion springs to mind as this sounds odd.

Might be worth joining & posting on the 'MidwiferyUK' yahoo group as the MW on there are fab at explaining & offering options.

Guidelines on placentas located close to the cervix can be found on the Royal College of Midwives (RCM) & MIDIRS website, maybe even the RCOG website. I think (& please don't quote me) that if the placenta is further away than 2-4 cms from the cervix, most trust guidelines will offer you a vaginal birth. I know there is a stage/position where they advise a C-sec.

Good luck

madmissy Mon 05-Oct-09 20:00:21

it was the same lady that double checked but she checked once i had gone for a wee too so my bladder was empty and babys head was back down

i will check out that group thanks

madmissy Mon 05-Oct-09 20:07:20

can't find it ? lol

frogthistle Tue 06-Oct-09 13:39:37

Sorry, quoted the name wrongly. Link below.

Description

Established by the Association of Radical Midwives (www.midwifery.org.uk) , which campaigns for woman-centred maternity care in the UK.

The UK Midwifery mailing list was set up in April 1999, to discuss midwifery and maternity care. Open to midwives, students, mothers, and anyone interested in improving maternity services in UK.

If you are having difficulty in getting the kind of maternity care you want, please join the list and post your query. You will get help and advice from midwives and mothers, and possibly from a midwife in your area.

link is uk.groups.yahoo.com/search?query=ukmidwifery

madmissy Wed 07-Oct-09 17:45:10

thanks i found it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now