Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

olive oil and stretch marks does it work?

(3 Posts)

Ok have just noticed a couple of big stretch marks have appeared on my bump (damn you mirror!!) will olive oil every day help at all? I cant afford bio oil its to expensive.

Thanks! smile

daisyj Mon 05-Oct-09 13:57:40

It won't prevent or 'cure' stretch marks, sorry. If you're going to get them you'll get them, apparently. Bio oil is expensive, I know, but I used it regularly and only got through a bottle and a half (that's about £20) my whole pregnancy, and it was excellent for keeping the skin supple and comfortable (and, I'm convinced, less baggy and wrinkly after the birth). It does also make stretch marks less obvious - I didn't get them on my bump, but I do have them on hips and thighs and they are less red than they used to be.

Cyclista Mon 05-Oct-09 19:13:21

I've been using olive oil religiously since I found out I was preggers. Now 33 weeks with a sizeable bump and no stretchmarks, I love olive oil. But can't believe it'll reverse the damage. Not sure anything will, without meaning to be unhelpful...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now