Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bump bands?!?!?

(8 Posts)
Liloosmum Mon 05-Oct-09 13:24:28

I'm 6 weeks pregnant with #2 and already my trousers feel tight (I'm sure I got to 16/17 weeks last time!)

I don't want anyone at work to know just yet and so after reading various recommendations have bought some bump bands, but how do you wear them? Maybe my tops aren't long enough, but I look like I'm wearing trousers with a really short skirt (ie that stops the same kind of level as my knickers!) which just looks weird.

I'm sure that someone will notice and put 2 and 2 together! I have been shopping for longer tops, but only found clingy tops which make my growing stomach look bigger or shirts which make it obvious I'm trying to hide something. Any suggestions?

Ohwhatacrapmasfear Mon 05-Oct-09 13:34:06

I have put them on first and then trouser over half of the bump band leaving the other half to fold over the top of the trousers IYSWIM. I can then button them on. HTH smile

Congratulations by the way.

raggie Mon 05-Oct-09 15:07:25

Oh that's a good idea - UNDER the trousers so they cover the gap between top and trouser but not over so they look like a mini-skirt blush.

Although that's how I've worn them anyway and I think it looks all right!

Liloosmum Mon 05-Oct-09 15:28:56

Putting the bands on first sounds like it might work, I'll give that a try later.

I have seen some people wear them like a mini-skirt and it does look okay on them, but it just makes my short little legs look even shorter grin! My work is quite traditional so I'm sure it would draw attention to me which is what I'm trying to avoid.

fififolle Mon 05-Oct-09 17:50:15

Could also try long vests, the supima ones from Marks and Spncer are great in combination with button extenders.

laurawantsababy Mon 05-Oct-09 20:03:00

Hi, I am pg with dc2 and I felt 'big' very early like you. I actually found that wearing maternity trousers made me look smaller.

Luckily for you the weather is getting colder so you could get away with some baggyish jumpers or cardis as a cover up.

oliverben Tue 06-Oct-09 09:41:47

bump bands from bumpband.co.uk are the best as they support you too. Worn mine from beginning and am at the end now, wash really well and soooooo comfy!

lucky1979 Tue 06-Oct-09 11:08:43

I always had mine under my trousers and tops, just to cover up that gap of skin which emerges as your trousers creep under your bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now