Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

due today!!

(27 Posts)
baby1onway Mon 05-Oct-09 10:33:52

anyone else due today??no sign so far, has anyone actually had their 1st on their due date?? x

MrsHappy Mon 05-Oct-09 10:36:02

I'm not due for a couple of weeks (and would not be surprised if I was a week late), but if you check out the October ante-natal thread you will find some other ladies waiting for things to kick off.

Only a very few babies (4%?) come on their due date, though, so don't be disappointed if yours keeps you waiting for another week or so!

Good luck!

mrsmortenharket Mon 05-Oct-09 10:36:40

ooh congrats!!!
fwiw am not pg but saw it in active convos and wanted to say good luck - am so excited for you!!
everything ready just in case?xx

MavisEnderby Mon 05-Oct-09 10:37:32

Good luck

Ds was 2 weeks early and dd 1 day late

iirc only about 5% arrive on due date,but it will be soon,wahey!!

Is it your first?

mrsmortenharket Mon 05-Oct-09 10:44:19

mavis have you seen op name?grin

MavisEnderby Mon 05-Oct-09 10:46:55

Duh (Homer Simpson emoticon)

In my defence have been on nights and have had stressful morning getting dcs toschool!I need to go to bed!LOL!

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 10:47:22

Ohh will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

Prinpo Mon 05-Oct-09 11:01:53

How exciting! Mine have been elective c-sections so I've never had the excitement of an unpredictable due date. I have a friend who had her first three on their due dates, although I think she was very unusual. I'm assuming you know all the tricks about sperm, curry, etc. - perhaps a takeout and a night of lurve might be in order???

I hope that things get moving for you soon (but also hope that you enjoy the last bit of your pregnancy).

Best of luck!

mrsmortenharket Mon 05-Oct-09 11:05:25

lol pardon is granted grin i hate mondays too!

VenusInfers Mon 05-Oct-09 11:06:03

Only 5% arrive on the due day, BUT 80% arrive within a week either side, so your little one is unlikely to keep you waiting much longer!
Good luck!

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:10:40

I have six weeks left, I don't think I could deal with even a day longer..!!

WillowsMum Mon 05-Oct-09 11:19:57

i was due 5 days ago and it doesnt seem like shes coming out anytime soon...

am really fed up just want to hold her in my arms now.

good luck

mrsmortenharket Mon 05-Oct-09 11:29:25

has any1 tried raspberry leaf tea? that's supposed to help start uterine contractions smile

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:32:48

I have a pot of them, but haven't started taking them yet... Had a labour scare last week, so dunno if that would be tempting fate!

mrsmortenharket Mon 05-Oct-09 11:37:57

crikey maybe not then! i think that you can start taking them in the last 3 weeks or so?
will ask around for lulumama as she's a doula and is far more qualified than me lol

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:41:04

Hehe. I heard you can take them from 33 weeks, but after last week I dunno..!!! Might leave it till next week. Or maybe the week after. Or maybe the week after that... grin

mrsmortenharket Mon 05-Oct-09 11:46:36

done xx

mrsmortenharket Mon 05-Oct-09 11:51:25

lol grin

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 11:56:27

Or maybe I'll just take them afterwards to be on the safe side..!!

WillowsMum Mon 05-Oct-09 12:10:55

i have been drinking the stuff for weeks and its done nothing... i just think she wants me to get a scare at the thought of being induced and then she'll come the night before lol

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 12:13:18

Curry tonight then, Willows!!! grin

baby1onway Mon 05-Oct-09 15:32:47

very excited..but disappointed!not that i just expected that 2day id go into labour coz its the 5th october but ive waited soooo long!!having a hot chilli 2nite, bf wrks nite's so no chance of loving 4me this evenin- feel like a whale 2b honest so not sure i actually could!lol.midwife said its ok 2 take raspberry leaf tea after 38wks, and doesnt bring on labour but helps speed it up when u r. sweep on wed...eeek!hope he comes b4 then!!
long walk, chilli, bottle of gaviscon :D x

ErikaMaye Mon 05-Oct-09 16:41:41

Don't tell me it gets worse, I already feel like a whale... Hope he turns up for you soon!!

biggernow Mon 05-Oct-09 20:24:07

DS came 2 days after due date...latent phase began early hours of day after due date and he arrived 24 hours later! Oh, and I had a sweep.....but your bub will come when ready but you must be feeling SO uncomfortable!

Good luck!! How exciting. (DC 2 due in 6 weeeeeks and I am HUGE!)

Mama2b5 Mon 05-Oct-09 22:00:16

I had my DD1 on the day that i was told i was shocked and then i had DD2 the day before due date so go figure! i have 16 weeks to go and im just praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby! grin
Good luck, fingers and toes crossed and prayers and best wishes to you all who r due today or real soon lets call it a - count down wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now