Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Squished nipples - is there a solution to the discomfort??

(8 Posts)
sunangel88 Mon 05-Oct-09 02:19:19

My nipples have always been quite perky but ever since getting pregnant, they seem to have grown and become even more prominent. Now it actually gets quite painful wearing a bra, even after I got fitted for a larger one. Is there anything that helps prevent them from getting squished in the bra? I thought about lilipadz but I think they squish them too. Help please!

slushy06 Mon 05-Oct-09 10:51:13

I had this I wore a bra a bit too big by the end of my pg my skin was all cracked but as soon as my milk came in I rubbed it round the nipples and they got better within a day it didn't interfere with feeding though.

sunangel88 Mon 05-Oct-09 21:29:37

Is there no help against them getting squished then? I just need something that helps them stick up against the bra that's pushing them sideways.

There's a Sidney Sheldon description - nipples like cigarette butts. Well mine are now like stubbed cigarette butts!

Maybe the solution is a larger cup size...? But what problem would I get into support wise if I wore a bigger cup size?

Trying4Baby1 Mon 05-Oct-09 21:33:27

Can you try using those nipple shields that you get for breastfeeding? They might give you an odd shape through your bra but it should stop the nipples from getting squished.

sunangel88 Sat 24-Oct-09 20:46:34

Thanks Trying. Have been away hence the delay in responding! I'll have a look at the real thing next time I'm in Boots or Mothercare. I came across them online but wasn't sure if they were suitable.

fernie3 Sat 24-Oct-09 20:51:47

I used the breastpads you get to stop leaks when your breastfeeding. they are cheap and very comfortable

HelishAngel Sat 24-Oct-09 22:12:50

This prob is getting me down to. My nips are like Scammel wheelnuts and get super squished. They also get very hot and majorly itchy. E45 itch relief cream sorts that out though. I don't fancy wearing shields...don't want my nipples coming around the corner before I do, is bad enough now I'll just have to get used it I suppose!

sunangel88 Sun 25-Oct-09 23:44:49

I've decided to get a bigger cup - so far it's definitely better tho still can't wear them all day if I don't have to

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now