Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Belly button pains not going away

(3 Posts)
flyingma Sun 04-Oct-09 01:27:43

Hi all,

I've done a quick search in the forum history... being a newbie and all I didn't want to ask something which has been asked 1000 times before but can't find an exact match.

I am 25+6 at the moment and have a sudden onset of numerous stomach pains. Some of these I have identified as round ligament pains which is fine as those come and go.

The last few days I've been getting pains behind the belly button (still barely just an innie). Someone else described it like someone was tugging on a cord behind your belly button. Initially it was a strange feeling then it became like a constant dull ache but now we're into day 3, I am wincing everytime the baby moves/kicks.

The only slight relief I can get is by pinching together the top and bottom of my belly button which causes the baby to --hurt me-- kick more. The baby's also been transverse (I think) the last few days and getting his/her foot stuck in my ribs. If I nudge this away, the baby moves and I get the belly ache followed by pain instead.

Anyone have any suggestions for someone who is also allergic to paracetemol? I've been good this week and slept on my left the whole week without flipping sides during the night.

alypaly Sun 04-Oct-09 22:20:19

ask doc if its possible it might have herniated.I think doc can prescribe codeine at your stage ,but check.

flyingma Fri 16-Oct-09 17:45:20

Aly I forgot to say thanks for this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now