Talk

Advanced search

If you got pregnant using the withdrawal method...

(84 Posts)
peppapighastakenovermylife Sat 03-Oct-09 21:45:26

Do you think it was because your DP/H got carried away and didnt withdraw in time...or did you get pregnant even though he did in plenty of time?

Not that this has any relevance to my life blush

Ahem.

cece Sat 03-Oct-09 21:47:05

Who knows!? Impossible to tell imo.

IWantToLiveOnAFarm Sat 03-Oct-09 21:51:45

You will never know unless he fesses up.

thelunar66 Sat 03-Oct-09 21:53:00

Yes... twice.

peppapighastakenovermylife Sat 03-Oct-09 21:55:14

Well...surely if you knew he then ejaculated later on then it must have been down to some slipping out early.

I am quite impressed at the speed of responses though grin

maxbear Sat 03-Oct-09 22:06:36

I have used it many a time without getting pregnant, but then got pg easily when I wanted to smile

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 04-Oct-09 09:36:35

Thanks Maxbear - I think that would be for the best (although always kind of hoping blush )

mumcah Sun 04-Oct-09 15:37:05

I got pregnant using the withdrawl method and DP pulled out in time every single time.It was the pre swimmers that must have done it and it was a complete shock.Needless to say we won't be doing it again!We'd been doing it for 3 months by the time I got pregnant.
I have been twice since then,both planned and it happened the first cycle so I think we are just compatiblegrin

Celery Sun 04-Oct-09 15:38:59

We've been using the withdrawal method for years successfully, and got pregnant three times when we wanted to.

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 04-Oct-09 17:52:33

Lol Mumcah - a nice shock in the end? I must be a good girl and not do this lol blush

Portofino Sun 04-Oct-09 18:30:25

We've done this successfully for years, and dd s the result of the one time where much good wine had been drunk, and DH um forgot! grin. I still remember that night with a twinkle in my eye. wink

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 04-Oct-09 19:40:34

Ha ha portofino I can imagine the drunked 'oops'. Things happen for a reason I feel wink

Portofino Sun 04-Oct-09 21:15:34

peppa - you're quite right! DH blames it on the thermal waters of Ischia "warming" things up, and the large amount of Barolo and Limoncello! It was a surprise - but a very happy one! Dd is now 5.5. And loving your name, I should change mine to HelloKittyistakingovermylife! grin

PacificDogwood Sun 04-Oct-09 21:20:12

IMO, withdrawal "method" is not a method of contraception, it is akin to TTC.
For all of you it has worked for, you were lucky and good on you, but it really should not be trusted.

VinoEsmeralda Sun 04-Oct-09 21:28:02

Both times I fell pregnant within the first month of trying and we have now used the withdrawal method for 4 years and nothing has happened as yet grin.

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 04-Oct-09 21:47:15

porto - least it wasnt tesco own brand Hock eh?

Pacific ... I really really know it isnt. Wasnt a thought out decision to do what we did more of a slightly tipsy 'oooh this is good' Lol. I would be more than happy to be pregnant but have no plans to ttc if that makes sense. Just made me curious about the number of people who fell pregnant this way and if the lectures you get in school about precum etc are really true...

Vino - is that good or bad lol grin

VinoEsmeralda Sun 04-Oct-09 22:01:39

Peppa - depends on where I am in my cycle grin but in general I'd say good!!

LissyGlitter Sun 04-Oct-09 22:15:35

I did it twice. AND I lecture my friends about it all the time, so have no excuse. We just got carried away. First time we had been together only two weeks, and were using condoms most of the time, but just this once we didn't (I know, stupid thing to do). Second time we kind of knew it was a risk but didn't think it would happen again, and of course it did. We are clearly too daft to be trusted and I will be having some kind of implant as soon as I can!

baby1onway Mon 05-Oct-09 10:30:21

lol-we attempted this-but have no selfcontrol!!i dont know how u ppl did it!! (due today!!)

FourArms Mon 05-Oct-09 10:42:49

We've done this for years, and I never got pg (but have managed to fall pg quickly twice when I wanted to).

mumsiebumsie Mon 05-Oct-09 11:38:56

Very embarrassing but this was how I'm now 32 weeks pregnant. But once in 6 years can't be bad! DH looked all shamefaced and said he didn't pull out in time recently but couldn't exactly remember when hmm. Still can't pin it all down on him I suppose!

skihorse Mon 05-Oct-09 12:00:24

How can you not know whether a man has ejaculated inside you or not? shock

peppapighastakenovermylife Mon 05-Oct-09 12:22:59

This is what I'm wondering Skihorse - as presumably if he also ejaculates after then he didnt inside you?! And without getting into TMI, well wouldnt there be a mess?!

I am reassured (I think) as most people who have got pregnant this way seem to have had a mishap in that he didnt pull out in time...not that you had a bit of a go then stopped to put a condom on lol grin

skihorse Mon 05-Oct-09 12:27:20

I'm continuously amazed that grown women seem to think it's a form of contraception. So is ugliness but uggos still managed to get knocked up.

LissyGlitter Mon 05-Oct-09 12:28:36

My theory on how DD happened is that he definitely pulled out in time, but then came "at" me, iyswim...I didn't think you could get pg by getting some on the outside, but it must have somehow worked it's way inside...biology isn't my strong point!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now