Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

MATB1 form have you got yours yet???

(13 Posts)
Dee2009 Sat 03-Oct-09 17:52:03

Hi,

Just wondering when every1 got there MATB1 form as book keeper is hassling me for, mine but MW say i can't have it till 25weeks pregnant have looked on inland rev site and it says you can be given your form any time from 21weeks pregnant!?!hmm
HAve told BK that i cannot legally get it till 25weeks and now feel rather silly as this does not seem the case!blush

AngelaCarleen Sat 03-Oct-09 18:27:47

I'm getting mine at the 25 week appointment. Strictly speaking you don't even have to tell your employer you're pregnant until you're 25 weeks, so tell the book keeper to wait. smile

PennyScotia Sat 03-Oct-09 18:59:08

I got mine last week when I was 15+5 weeks. Don't know if I was supposed to get it now! Do you have an HR department you could speak to?

SouthernMeerkat Sat 03-Oct-09 19:42:27

I've never got mine before about 25 weeks with all three - not sure when you can legally have one though....but I'm sure you can't go on maternity leave until 29 weeks, so surely it doesn't matter until then anyway?

Dee2009 Sat 03-Oct-09 19:50:09

Not got HR department as is small business, just book keeper telling me last girl gave hers in just after 20 weeks and that i'm not legally pregnant till i hand that in!?!hmm

Have handed letter into boss saying i will be going on my ML at 29weeks (i'm 22+5 now) as i wanted to be fair to them and give them time to sort cover out!! Thought th Matb form was more a fomrality to do with SMP so as long as it there by the time i go i can't see what the problem is!!

Issy42 Sat 03-Oct-09 19:59:05

Dee - I think you can have it anytime from 20 weeks. I got mine last week at my 24-week appointment with GP. You have to tell employer officially at 25 weeks and you should really have the MATB1 for that, but since you have written to them that shouldn't be an issue. The MATB1 just officially comfirms the due date.

Dee2009 Sat 03-Oct-09 20:07:42

Thanks Issey, its been stressing me out a little but to be honest! And thats the one thing i could do with out at the moment (i'm finding work hard enough)!! Still not long to go now so roll on ML can't wait to put my feet up!!grin

CrankOfTheScrew Sat 03-Oct-09 23:08:38

I'm 18wks and MW sent mine off for me weeks ago, but hasn't arrived yet. Apparently it should have done. I thought they were snowed under or something.

Haven't got my maternity allowence card thingy either.

Joolsiam Sat 03-Oct-09 23:18:32

Where I am, you have to see a GP to report your pregnancy and get referred to a midwife - they fill out the Mat B1 at that time - I've had to send two exemption forms back after mc's at 6 and almost 12 weeks - next time, I'll refuse to fill it in as just a waste of time and resources and very upsetting if you have to return it ..

gizzy1973 Sun 04-Oct-09 10:43:12

I git asked for mine the other day at work but amnot seeing midwife until 28 weeks so they will have to wait 2 weeks which was fine

Mama2b5 Sun 04-Oct-09 20:11:54

i got mine at 21 weeks!and i had to call GP due to need a work assessment due to back pains for i cant sit near my desk due to baby bump in the way!when called GP they said "oh you should asked MW, when next app" i said "Nov" and then i got "oh way to late i will get doc to do it pick it up on friday"!now i made 2 copies and scanned it and sent to HR and was told they wouldnt accept a copy but wants the real thing what did they think i did with the copy fake it!!!!so now my manager is off for 2 weeks and so have to wait for his return so more backache and pain-great!!!!
well even with the huge belly your not pregnant until the GP says so! imagine that!
Its long and the system stinks!!!!!angry

chickbean Sun 04-Oct-09 20:19:08

My midwife said that I could ask for it at the 20 week scan, so I did. Otherwise I'd have had to make a special appointment as my next scheduled visit isn't until 28 weeks.

ariellekellan Mon 05-Oct-09 18:06:00

I needed my matb1 form for housing and was told by the doctors receptionist you can get if from 20 wks and i had 3 weeks to go. i went in at 20 weeks and the receptionist had it ready to pick up the next day which was suprisingly efficient!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now