Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

17 weeks and counting. so much to do and so little time.

(6 Posts)
IZDI Sat 03-Oct-09 17:37:21

hi i'm 17 weeks and on the secound child in a two bed flat. would be really nice if i could get some storage space ideas. thanks in advance.

BiscuitStuffer Sat 03-Oct-09 20:49:07

what sort of things do you want to store?

lucky1979 Sun 04-Oct-09 18:30:17

Try places like this to start with - think about things like back of door storage, underbed and so on. If you know what you want, you can usually find it cheaper on Amazon.

With kids rooms, lower furniture makes the place look less cluttered, especially things like beanbags which can be put into corners to create more floor space. Lots of plastic stacking drawers and things are good for random storage and come in bright colours to fit with kids colour schemes. For living rooms, I've found IKEA Billy bookcases surprisingly useful in the past, you can get doors for the front of them to create useful cupboards which are much thinner than average and take up less space. You can get them right to the ceiling as well if you're in an older build flat.

Hope these are the kind of things you're looking for!

Mama2b5 Sun 04-Oct-09 19:48:50

23 wks and 4 days! i have not done a thing for this baby, i have 4 other children in a 3 bed house and have zero storage space so dont want to buy because i have nowhere to put stuff so all the bargins im missing out on! oh well still have jan sales - (16 wks and 3 days)
love ikea but always over buy and then the stuff stay in a box when finally ready to put it together something is always missing!!!

IZDI Sun 04-Oct-09 19:57:31

the kids...jokes. just toys, books that kind of thing.

IZDI Sun 04-Oct-09 19:58:38

thanks for the help ladys.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now