Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

17+5 and think I could be losing the mucous plug....

(11 Posts)
Sariska Fri 02-Oct-09 23:22:18

TMI warning but: this morning I lost a big globule of clear snotty-ish mucous. Then another, slightly smaller and more yellowish this evening. No traces of blood at all, which is why I haven't already been on the phone to the midwife but I am worried. Last pregnancy, I went into labour (at 41 weeks) 2 days after the (bloodstained) show.

Could it just be normal mucous changes? (Even though it seems pretty distinct and separate from the heavyish discharge I've been having for some weeks now.) blush

LadyOfTheFlowers Fri 02-Oct-09 23:24:04

Does sound like the show I had with DS1, at least the first bit you describe.
I would call them to check.

randomeuro Fri 02-Oct-09 23:24:45

I dont know Sariska but please phone the maternity dept at the hospital, they will be able to advise.

waitingforbedtime Fri 02-Oct-09 23:25:10

I would call the labour ward. Good luck x

LatinDAISYcal Fri 02-Oct-09 23:27:26

I'd call the community MWs or the labour ward. Best to get checked out smile

hi Sariska, how did you get on did u call the mw?

Sariska Sat 03-Oct-09 17:14:00

Thanks for your replies. I've seen the community midwife who was pretty reassuring. As long as there's no blood or abdominal pain, it's hopefully "just one of those things". If things change, they'll see me on the gynae ward (no EPU here). So, will keep my fingers crossed.

BlackLetterDay Sat 03-Oct-09 17:47:44

Hi Sariska, I have had the same thing as you. I have been losing bits of plug since about 16 weeks, not loads and not bloodstained. I'm now 35 weeks and still losing the occasional bit but no sign of anything happening, I'm pretty sure I read that until your cervix starts dilating the plug will regenerate. Hth and provides a little reassurance.

stressheaderic Sat 03-Oct-09 20:09:26

This really hadn't occurred to me (naive first timer). Yesterday though, when I was out I felt a wet feeling and when I checked, a big yellowy-cream blob had soaked through my underwear, tights and skirt - I had to go home and change. Could this have been part of the plug? I'm 19 weeks. I hope it's nothing to be worried about too much and is quite normal??

MrsBadger Sat 03-Oct-09 20:35:46

I would put money on the fact you all have thrush - thrush in pg is often not itchy or cottage-cheesey, just creates loads and loads of dishcharge

last time it soaked my knickers so often I managed to give myself nappy rash before twigging

Canestan pessary will sort it - see the GP.

LatinDAISYcal Sat 03-Oct-09 20:39:10

good point Mrs B. I had lots of discharge at the end of my pregnancy with DS2 and thought it was just hormones etc. DS2 caught it during birth and at six days old his mouth was carpetted in white, he was refusing to feed and I had broken glass in my boobs when feeding and for hours afterwards sad

and I'm shamed that as a BFing peer supporter I never even twigged until the HV spotted it blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now