Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

possible pregnancy immediately following MC? Am I a fool?

(69 Posts)
CakeandFineWine Fri 02-Oct-09 19:50:15

Hi all

I had a MC a few weeks ago. 3rd sept to be exact was when actual MC happen but started on the sun before (?30th Aug)

Had really conflicting advice about TTC again so decided to take my on course of action, what will be will be!

Then had a follow up scan on Sept 17th and sonographer said I was about to ovulate. Went on hol following day and didn't use contraception.
Still no AF although I know it can take longer after MC, And am light headed etc....

????Can't bring myself to test but bought 4?!
Also if its a BFP REALLY don't think I could tell ANYONE nt even DH too scared someone tell me I'm being completely stupid and of course would have to tell him......

Thank god for MN!! grin

FabBakerGirlIsSURVIVED Fri 02-Oct-09 19:54:18

Sorry, I think I still have the effects of the general anaesthetic in me. What are you asking?

IsItMeOr Fri 02-Oct-09 19:55:55

Oh heck! No wonder you're feeling all over the place. I personally think what you are feeling is completely normal - after a MC, when I did get a positive PG test several months later, I didn't know how to tell DH, so put the test in the tea cupboard knowing he'd offer me a cuppa when he got home from work.

It probably won't be BFP...(does that help you test grin?)

CakeandFineWine Fri 02-Oct-09 19:59:51

I don't know what I'm asking to be honest

Should I test?
Should I tell DH?
Am I a fucking idiot?

FabBakerGirlIsSURVIVED Fri 02-Oct-09 20:00:50

yes
yes
no

CakeandFineWine Fri 02-Oct-09 20:04:30

thanks,

Thats made it simple and concise!!
Why u had a general hun?

DuelingFanjo Fri 02-Oct-09 20:08:35

test tomorrow if you're late. I know how you feel - had a missed miscarriage in June. I think they only really tell you to wait before TTC again because it's better for dating the pregnancy but people say you can be more fertile straight after a miscarriage.

I also know how you feel about not telling anyone. I felt the same, still feel the same. Am on a TTC thread here and wondering if I would be able to stop myself from telling the other people on the thread if I get pregnant again.

good luck. smile

FabBakerGirlIsSURVIVED Fri 02-Oct-09 20:08:48

Biopsy and I am in agony sad

IsItMeOr Fri 02-Oct-09 20:09:48

Yes - go do it now
Yes - is he home? He could hold the stick while you pee on it wait for the results
Maybe, but we've all been there smile

liahgen Fri 02-Oct-09 20:12:22

test test test

<< My name is Liahgen and I am a poas addict >>

hoops997 Fri 02-Oct-09 20:18:40

I read somewhere on here about a lady and the same thing about going for a scan and being told she was about to ovulate and it worked out for her.....I vote test grin

CakeandFineWine Fri 02-Oct-09 20:20:34

BakerGirl {{HUGS}} Haven't been on for a while holiday followed by immediate and hectic return to work.

I'll tell MN as no-one knows me in RL but think will test tom am and see from there!!
surely if I was about to ovulate on 17th Sept (According to sonographer) then AF should be here by now!!

I LOVE U GUYS

everlong Fri 02-Oct-09 20:21:05

Oh test now go on!

CakeandFineWine Fri 02-Oct-09 20:24:13

needs to be 1st thing for stronger result doesn't it?

FabBakerGirlIsSURVIVED Fri 02-Oct-09 20:25:17

I need cheering up. Test now. You did say you had four tests didn't you?? wink

liahgen Fri 02-Oct-09 20:25:49

noooo, tomorrow is too far away.

When did you last wee? If it's longer than 4 hrs, then test now.

I conceived during the aftermath of an ERPC following MMC, didn't have another period for almost 3 yrs. grin

liahgen Fri 02-Oct-09 20:26:29

fab hope you ok, and your results are good.

CakeandFineWine Fri 02-Oct-09 20:31:08

OK Ladies the results are in
BFN
used crappy test though.
Clearblue digital tomorrow am me thinks

FabBakerGirlIsSURVIVED Fri 02-Oct-09 20:34:24

Oh heck.

Good luck for tomorrow.

CakeandFineWine Fri 02-Oct-09 20:35:38

never mind to be honest if I am fab
If I'm not I took Dr's advice and waited a cycle wink
Either way a winner...

Hope u feel better soon xx

CakeandFineWine Fri 02-Oct-09 20:37:49

oh and just checked on the calculator thing and if was normal cycle wouldn't be due on til Sunday anyway!

liahgen Fri 02-Oct-09 20:38:19

Bugger.

Hope tomorrow brings good news.. or as you say, you end up inadvertantly listening to docs advice and waiting a cycle.

hoops997 Fri 02-Oct-09 20:38:35

bugger.....was hoping for a BFP, good luck for tomorrow grin

CakeandFineWine Fri 02-Oct-09 20:40:38

thanks
See you at some time tomorrow!!!

IsItMeOr Fri 02-Oct-09 20:50:03

Sorry about that. Hope it happens for you soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now