Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sharp pains in nether region - cause for concern?

(5 Posts)
1mum1 Fri 02-Oct-09 19:02:38

TMI warning...

Was doing a lot of walking around Ikea today and by the time we'd got to the end I had sharp shooting pains as if they were going up my you know where! Had it also the other day towards the end of a long supermarket shop. It eases if I rest but it's like needles going up at the time.
Anyone else had this or know anything about it? I'm 31 weeks.

Thanks for any help!

Bump02 Sat 03-Oct-09 08:45:42

Hi saw your post unanswered! I don't know the reason for sharppains, I've had a couple on and off (am 29weeks) I can only say what everyone says, if something is concerning you just give the midwife or labour ward a quick phone call and see what they say...they never think any worry is silly!

Good luck x

katster37 Sat 03-Oct-09 08:55:19

1mum1 I am 33 weeks and had this a lot yesterday after a busy day. It seems to have eased this morning. I have had it before too. Also, I think it is linked to ligaments because I have had a lot of ligament pain at the same time. Hope you are feeling better.

1mum1 Sat 03-Oct-09 11:21:52

Hi Bump02 and Katster and thanks for writing back. Those pains have gone off today - am resting though so maybe this is why? I think you might be right Katster because I also felt them after being really busy - I'm guessing if it was anything untoward it would just happen at any time and not just after a lot of busyness?

Reckon it's just a sign to try and take it easy - although am trying to remember to up my pelvic floor exercises as a result just in case it's related!

It seems in the last 2 weeks or so (since wk 28/9) the aches and pains have really kicked off - still 9 weeks to go though! shock

Thanks girls xx

1mum1 Sat 03-Oct-09 11:22:39

or rather shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now