Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help!is this labour?

(7 Posts)
baby1onway Fri 02-Oct-09 17:26:41

im 39+5 with 1st and hav been havin inconsistent period-like pains past 2days.theyre gettin quite painful now-almost like i need the toilet!my belly is cramping up and going hard, have also had the runs past 4days except 2day.is this labour?gettin impatient now as im just not sure whats happenin!
any advice appreciated

TheMysticMasseuse Fri 02-Oct-09 17:31:53

definitely sounds like it... have you started timing the pains yet? any signs of mucous plug going?

reikizen Fri 02-Oct-09 17:31:54

Don't be scared! This is what you have been waiting for! It certainly sounds like things are beginning to happen. Once those pains start to come regularly, every 5 minutes or so you know things are really starting. Take some paracetamol, have a nice warm bath and relax. If it is labour it will keep happening and if it isn't the pains may ease. Even if this isn't labour, it is your body getting ready for this baby to be born and changes will be happening to your cervix to get you into established labour. Once your waters break, the pains are coming regularly or you need some more pain relief ring the hospital (or midwife if you are planning a home birth). Good luck, exciting times! smile

TheMysticMasseuse Fri 02-Oct-09 17:33:03

ps meant to add- taking a warm bath would prob be a good idea at this stage, and you can take paracetamol for the pain

baby1onway Fri 02-Oct-09 17:52:33

no sign of the mucous plug yet,last nite they were every 20 mins.then theyd stopped completely by this mornin.started again this anoon but every half hour or so.just wish someone could say yup this is definetly it or no its just practise!i suppose i'l know when they get stronger and more painful. been really horrible and impatient with my bf 2!!poor thing!!

Comma2 Fri 09-Oct-09 20:47:39

did you see the contractionmaster site? Makea timing easy!

OnlyWantsOneFartleBerry Fri 09-Oct-09 20:49:58

sounds like the first stages, keep mobile, wiggle your hips on all fours. Warmth bath eat some thing and get some rest...

or keep us updated on here wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now