Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnant or not - a bit confused!

(7 Posts)
roundabout1 Fri 02-Oct-09 14:27:14

I had an early miscarriage 4 weeks ago & started ttc straight after bleeding finished. I have been feeling very pmt ish the last week & am a bit back achey & have a bit of pelvic pain too. As after a week af hadn't arrived I did a preg test this morning and got a bfp. Am pleased but also worried it might not be true - it's a cheap early detecting one off ebay. Plus my acheyness is more like period pain, is this a common symptom? Have got a metallic taste in my mouth though & feeling generally yucky. Am tempted to go & buy another preg test but don't want the disappointment of a negative ifkwim.

MiniMarmite Fri 02-Oct-09 14:32:35

Hi Roundabout

Sorry for your loss.

It's hard to say if you are pregnant again or not. I had a bfp for about three months after a miscarriage. It is entirely possible that you are though but it might be best to go to the midwife in a week or so and as them to do an early scan.

Someone else might be able to advise better re monitoring of hormone levels that can be done too.

Good luck

roundabout1 Fri 02-Oct-09 14:39:36

Thanks Mini Marmite. I was advised to do a preg test after my mc just to confirm & that was negative. Am trying not to think about it else I will be obsessively checking every vague symptom!

MiniMarmite Fri 02-Oct-09 14:41:26

Did you already get a negative previously and now you have a positive? If that's the case then you probably are smile

Mine was a missed mc so I had a D&C and was even having morning sickness for a while after so maybe slightly different situation.

GhostWriter Fri 02-Oct-09 14:42:58

If it was a very early miscarriage, the hcg disappears very quickly indeed and if you've had a negative then a positive then it's almost certain that you're pg.

Congratulations.

roundabout1 Fri 02-Oct-09 14:43:50

Oh mini marmite - poor you having the d & c & all the symptoms that must be tough, I know I got away very lightly on the mc front. I'm going to be paranoid about another mc though if I am..

MiniMarmite Fri 02-Oct-09 20:30:07

Thanks roundabout, all in the past now though and I have a very lively one year old grin and another one on the way (very early though and, like you say still paranoid)!

Anyway, enough about me. Here's hoping you are. The paranoia is, unfortunately, probably there to stay for a while but it fades eventually and there's always MN for support!

Let us know how you get on, sounds like you are, fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now