Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

19weeks - random strong v uncomfortable pains

(8 Posts)
jellybean86 Fri 02-Oct-09 11:55:07

Title pretty much says it all! Keep get random pains, sometimes every few hours, half hours etc. Like a really bad period pain but goes within a few mins of standing still!

Any ideas? could this be braxton hicks? And if so i didnt know you could get them so early!

Thanks ladies xx

Weegle Fri 02-Oct-09 11:58:09

where are they?

around 18-22 weeks in both pregnancy I've had round ligament pain which is excruciating - in your lower bump. Sometimes brought on by movement, excruciating if you sneeze or cough! But harmless, just things stretching... could be that. Braxton Hicks don't tend to be painful, certainly not at that stage...

jellybean86 Fri 02-Oct-09 12:06:51

Its sort of at the bottom half of my tummy.

binzle Fri 02-Oct-09 15:10:08

Jelly Bean,

I have been having really bad pains in the right hand side/bottom of my stomach from about 14 weeks to now(20weeks)which felt like a cross between period pains and a pulled muscle. Somebody told me could be the stretching of scar tissue from having my appendix out, make sense to me.......

whensmydayoff Sat 03-Oct-09 14:31:27

Funny, I have had exact same too binzle. Right hand side/bottom and as you describe. I get it when Im walking. I do tend to march everywhere at 100 MPH but yesterday I was bent over my DS's buggy for ages before it calmed down a bit and I could walk (albeit very slowly) again.
Id say it is like a pulled muscle pain wise but it is nerve racking when it's right in your bump.
It must be ok if we are all getting it, right? hmm

whensmydayoff Sat 03-Oct-09 14:32:32

sorry, Im nearly 27 weeks and only had last 2/3 weeks. Never had apendix out. Did get c-section last time but not near that.

sazm Sat 03-Oct-09 14:56:27

if you are worried,phone your midwife,

CrankOfTheScrew Sat 03-Oct-09 23:05:08

Glad I'm not the only one! Had this with last two & starting with this bump (18wks). Happens when walking fast or sat uncomfortably.

Midwife said it's fine, and both babies have been ok. No sections or scars. I think it's just a wee person stretching you about! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now