Talk

Advanced search

20 year age gap between kids!

(7 Posts)
urmagic Fri 02-Oct-09 10:17:24

Hi I am 43 and 6weeks pregnant with my 4th my youngest is 20(also have 22 and 24 year old). We have been trying for a few years, then tried Ivf no luck clinic told us not to try again. Went home and planned expensive holidays. Next month I was pregnant naturaly buy miscarried. waited a little while then talked my doctor into letting me try clomid after 1 month pregnant again. Due May feeling sick boobs so sore and wondering what on earth I have done.
Just wondering if there is anyone with a similar story?

lentilsRus Fri 02-Oct-09 11:18:51

Congratulations!

My mum had dc5 when she was 44. We were 25, 23, 21 and 19. So quite similar in age to your children. Mum also had two grandchildren.

My mum and dad had been trying for ages too. They eventually thought that it wasn't going to happen and of course when it did wondered what an earth they had done! My brother is now 6 and I can honestly say that my parents have no regrets at all!

It's interestering talking to Mum about the things that she has done differently this time and why. Are your other children excited?

MinkyBorage Fri 02-Oct-09 11:21:27

funnily enough I was just chatting to our electrician who has a 20 year age gap between his oldest and youngest, and the youngest, now 8 is really really close to his sisters, it sounds lovely.

mustbemadno3 Mon 05-Oct-09 15:25:17

Hi my children are 12 and 8 and I am wondering what an earth I am doing having another, by the time this ones here (may) my youngest will be 9. Everyone here seems to have really young children with small age gaps. Im feeling abit left out, so nice to know theres someone else out there!!!

twigsblankets Mon 05-Oct-09 18:45:48

17 years between my 2DC. It's like having another only, but not much has changed tbh. I feel like the same sort of parent as I was to my 1st DC, it's almost like I've gone back in time. grin

geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 05-Oct-09 18:50:37

My dh and his sister have 15 years, shes the younger one and they absolutely love each other to bits! She is a lovely, totally brilliant auntie to our kids and comes to stay with us when her love life gets complicated!Our kids think she is the bees knees! Good luck, and congratulations grin

urmagic Tue 06-Oct-09 23:30:00

Thanks for messages. Had scan today got a heart beat but was carring twins and have lost one. Thankfully one has stayed strong. This could be a very long journey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now