Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

EDD following IVF

(2 Posts)
noeysmum Fri 02-Oct-09 06:53:59

Hello
Does anyone know for sure how to calculate a due date following IVF?

Obviously we know exactly when conception took place - virtually to the minute - but when I went to my GP she asked for the date of my last period, which was weeks before due to the injections and then just added on 28 days to work out when the next one would have been and used that date to calculate from. This was the date put on the letter to the hospital that they are now using - but I'm not sure how accurate it is.

I've looked around on websites and have seen that another way of calculating is to take the date we know conception took place and take off two weeks and this is then the point to start counting from.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks
nx

Ohwhatacrapmasfear Fri 02-Oct-09 07:59:12

We concieved through IVF and I wasn't sure either. My dates have worked as though I had a 28 day cycle, though the gap between starting stimming and having eggs collected wasn't 14 days. When I had my scan at 8 they were able to give me a definate date. My scans at 12 and 20 weeks have also kept this date.

Big congratulations to you by the way smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now